Your Reason(s) for Disliking Anti-Gunners?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by BulletArc47, Dec 4, 2012.

1. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

I'm stating the obvious to a lot of you here, the anti-gun fervor is only going to get worse, and I know my sentiments are similar to many of you, it pisses me off! :mad:

I'll just be honest, firearms make me happy that's why anti-gunners make me angry. (Of course their attempted circumvention of many aspects of the Constitution piss me off just as much.) They're attempting to take away a major source of intense passion, interest, and joy from me; as I believe it is the same with many here.

Personally I really enjoy gunsmithing, I'm no where close to being a pro. Hell I'm just becoming an amateur, but I hope one day to be a professional if there are no serious detours in my life. And going to the range with my friend on a relaxing partly sunny day is one of most peaceful experiences out there.

But are guns bad right? People have had family taken because of predatory men using a gun. There are families who will never see sons, or daughters because they were on the wrong end of a muzzle,

To some the reasons above make me crazy. How, they can't possibly fathom, can I enjoy something that has the capabilities to take away innocent life. To that I say: Anything has the capabilities to take innocent life; even our god-given hands. Should we remove our hands?

Guns are not the source of conflict. People, with their varying ideas, strengths, weakness, values and perspectives, are.

Anyway, I kinda went a little further than I intended:eek:, but these are the reason why I 'dislike' anti-gunners. (Or rather their mentality.)

Edit--

Just to be clear: I don't want to give an impression that I 'dislike them as individuals, of course they're entitled to their opinions just as everybody else are, however their stances, and their reasoning behind them are very aggravating to me; I dislike the anti-gunner mentality.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

I don't like anybody who tries to impose his personal standards upon me. That can be something like my choice in food, cars, movies, etc.

But when my right to choose is protected by the Constitution, it becomes even more offensive.
  3. BDJ

BDJ Member

4. tango1niner

tango1niner Member

Firearms have always been a part of our heritage and go hand in hand with freedom. Our forefathers knew the importance of firearms. Anti's are the way they are because of ignorance. Perhaps if they found that firearms can be the source of enjoyment they would have a different attitude.
    I had a chance this past summer to do just that. We had family from Cali. visit. They had their sons in their late teens with them. We shot clays in the back yard. The brother-in-law doesn't like guns and the sister-in-law feels the same way. They did not approve. However they allowed the boys to shoot.
    After awhile the B-I-L said " that looks like fun " and tried it, S-I-L did as well. I don't know if that might have changed their attitude about firearms but they did enjoy shooting clay birds.
    If nothing else, it is a start.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I don't dislike anti-gunners per se. I do dislike their attempts to MAKE me conform to their point of view! Where every single one of these folks go wrong, and most of us do it too, is to leave God out. For example: Jen Engle in her article states, "Yes, tragedy is a dangerous time for the Bill of Rights because somebody is always there to wave a flag or an orphaned baby and use that to explain why we need to voluntarily give up rights our Founding Fathers so wisely gave to us". Leave God out, and you have a secular, or human, religion. These rights were not given to us by our founding fathers, they are God given rights. If man can give you something, he can take it away. Man kind is evil, but no one wants to except that, humanism! So it must be the gun that is evil! As gun owners, and as free men who believe in our constitution, we must get this straight! Man kind commits evil deeds, because he is of a fallen nature.
  6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Amen, Carver!

The founding fathers recognized that rights were inherent as a condition of being created as a human, not granted by a government that is free to revoke them if it so chooses.

No surprise, though, that our government wants to set itself in God's place. This has happened by kings for millennia.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  7. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

I dislike their ignorance of the Constitution and their beliefs that if only all the "bad" guns would just go away, that there would be no more crime or violence. I dislike their willingness to dictate the way I choose to live, and what I choose to enjoy with my own time and income. But, I cannot say I dislike them as individual people, although some have earned less than warm and fuzzy feelings from me.
  8. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

I dislike their views. I mean, if you are anti-gun just do not buy one but do not infringe on my right to buy/have one. Just leave mine alone!
  9. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

The aspect that frustrates me so much is not so much that they disagree with me, that's fine, in my view of America it's OK to disagree with another person. But that they form their opinion on misinformation. After the Colorado movie theater shooting Obama comes out and says, it's ok to have a gun to hunt a deer, but who needs an assault rifle to do so. You're right Mr. President, an assault rifle isn't the first choice for hunting, not because as you think that it's some military machine that's far too powerful for the job...exactly the opposite. it's not generally speaking powerful enough. But the public hears that and being uninformed goes right along with it.

Just like 10 round mag limits.

Doesn't everybody know that a gun that holds 11 rounds is a deadly item that's just looking to kill an innocent while a gun that holds 9 rounds is utterly harmless.

Anti gunners seem to think that picking up the gun is what causes people to go crazy and shoot someone. Yes, the Kansas City Chief that shot himself and girlfriend did so with a gun. Do they actually think the GUN made him do it? Not the demons in his head? If he didn't have the gun, he wouldn't have stabbed/strangled/run her over? How illogical is that?
  10. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I dont like anti gunners period. Dont like the way they look, think, act, talk, and dont like their politics. They make me sick. So as far as I am concerned, they are my enemy. I think they are a bunch of idiots. Stick around, I might tell you how I really feel....
  11. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

I am not a fan of any person who thinks it acceptable to ignore the documents that are the very foundation of your country.
  12. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    They don't want one that is fine don't get one but then they insist I can't have one because it scare them. What they should be afraid of they ignore in favor of fearing the law abiding man who wishes to harm no one with his guns. It makes me pity their dumb carcasses for being so stupid and makes me feel like slapping them up alongside the head till they see the light. Only reason I don't because then I would be as bad as they are.
  13. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

My reason is simple... they are ignorant.
    They, well most, are ignorant of the enjoyment that many types of shooting offer. There is literally something for anybody to enjoy if they would give it a chance.
    They are ignorant of the facts that show guns save many more lives than they take.
    They are ignorant of the facts that an armed country has less crime than an unarmed country.
    But I would ask the questions, relating to liberty and inalienable rights.
    Should we make it illegal to be Catholic because many Priests have committed horrible acts on children?
    Should we deport all US citizens of Middle Eastern decent because some have committed acts of terrorism?
    Should we deny certain citizens voting rights because they make poor choices?
    Well ok maybe the last one but you get my point.
    I have rights, many of them. But one thing that I should not be able to do is take away yours. :patriotic:
  14. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

ignorance to facts

and they're crunchy...
  15. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    I don't like anyone who would prefer to see my family raped and murdered over me taking the life of the SOB's in self defense and self defense of others. If they take my guns, I'm going to just buy a crossbow and a longbow. I will still defend my self and my loved ones. I might even buy a sword.