Your Reason(s) for Disliking Anti-Gunners?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by BulletArc47, Dec 4, 2012.

1. nosreme

nosreme Guest

If the anti-gun/pro-gun control types win, it's because their arguments will be far more sophisticated (content as well as effective use of the language) than the kind of childish drivel way too many gun owners like to spout, of which the above is just one example. If we're going to win the anti-gun wars, we have to do better than this. The winning side talks issues; the losing side will be still be in the name-calling, shopworn slogan-spewing mode.

BTW, I'm pretty liberal in many respects and find the above not only wrong but so stereotypically simpleminded and comical that it's hard to be offended by it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Liberals sophisticated? Ha ha ha...
  3. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I am personally offended by his post; but, it is no way stereotypical of the vast,vast majority of gunowners.
  4. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

deleted
    I'm staying out of this one.
  5. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

If the anti-gun,pro-gun control crowd wins in the end it will be because the end has really arrived. The anti-gunners continue to be opportunistic,tragedy mongers who use their verbose tongues to spread lies,misinformation,disinformation and worn out nonsensical mantras. The liberal mass media loves victims(liberals,anti-gunners) because they sell advertising and increase their ratings. Poor little things have a real mental disorder and irrational fear of independent thinkers who take personal responsibility for their behaviors rather than relying on the grub-er-in-mint and the media to tell them how they should behave. I think for myself and dislike any liberal who try to tell me their way,their attitude and their beliefs and actions are better(elitist) than mine. Liberals don't debate they grovel.:mad::eek::confused::bleh::bleh::bleh::D
  6. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Because of their ignorance and refusal to even look at facts.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  7. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Deleted, i'll stay away too.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  8. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

The only thing good about a left side is to steady my right while I aim.:)
  9. B27

B27 New Member

I don't like them because they will get me killed.
  10. AnomDeGuerre

AnomDeGuerre Former Guest

whether you agree with gun control or not, here is an interesting lesson in recent history. something to think about...

in 1929, the soviet union established gun control. from 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

------------------------------

in 1911, turkey established gun control. from 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

germany established gun control in 1938 on top of existing weimar republic gun control laws (ironically passed to control nazis...) and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

china established gun control in 1935. from 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

guatemala established gun control in 1964. from 1964 to 1981, 100,000 mayan indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

uganda established gun control in 1970. from 1971 to 1979, 300,000 christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

cambodia established gun control in 1956. from 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------------

defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th century because of gun control: 56 million.

so it might be said that guns don't kill people, gun control does!

it has now been over 12 months since gun owners in australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.

the first year results are now in: australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent. australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

in the state of victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns! while figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

there has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding australian society of guns. the australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

you won't see this data on the american evening news or hear our president, governors or other politicians or even bob costas disseminating this information.

guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens. the next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

with guns, we are 'citizens'. without them, we are 'subjects'. we here in america have the second amendment (thank god, whatever god you believe in) "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" gun control, for our safety and the safety of the children, is the cry of those that would forfeit our god (whatever god you believe in) given right to self defense! remember the 56 million who died for lack of guns to defend themselves.

i don't know who to give credit to for this history lesson... if i did, i would.
  11. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

^^^I think I like this guy.^^^
  12. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Sure liked the message.:D
  13. nosreme

nosreme Guest

There's nothing like a little post hoc, ergo propter hoc fallacious cause and effect "analysis" to "prove" a point to those who are already primed to take it at face value.
  14. AnomDeGuerre

AnomDeGuerre Former Guest

LOL! seeing as how "proof" really only applies to mathematics and liquor... one could argue causality all day long... :p

edited to add: that being said... no "cause and effect" was stated by me, just facts. if you want to dispute any of the facts i posted, please present your case... cogently. until then, i'll dismiss your comment as pretentious. ;)

"Laws control the lesser man... Right conduct controls the greater one. " -- Mark Twain
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  15. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

You can't argue logic or make sense with those who have neither. All we can hope to do are sway a few with facts and irrefutable statistics.