your tax dollar at work

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cycloneman, May 27, 2011.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sebelius-early-learning-initiatives-need

$500 Million Obama Administration Program Will Help Kids 'Sit Still' in Kindergarten
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011
    By James Zilenziger
    (CNSNews.com) – Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told CNSNews.com on Wednesday that the administration's new $500 million early learning initiative is designed to deal with children from birth onward to prevent such problems as 5-year olds who "can't sit still" in a kindergarten classroom.

“You really need to look at the range of issues, because if a 5-year-old can’t sit still, it is unlikely that they can do well in a kindergarten class, and it has to be the whole range of issues that go into healthy child development,” Sebelius said during a telephone news conference on Wednesday to announce the Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge.
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yea ok, what else is attached to that bill......these people are flipin morons..
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

I diddin go to kinnergartin, storted in farhst graid an it diddin hurt me nunn.

But on a serious note, five year olds, by their nature, are not designed to sit still.
  4. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

My father taught me how to sit still with his belt. It worked and it was free! I plan to do the same.
  5. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Discipline is only a pill away. Lets make little zombies out of them so they will grow up to be just like the Obamas.
  6. Warith

Warith Member

America the happy is what they want and they will get it if they have to drug us all to happiness. Flippen idiots wouldnt know a well behaved 5 year old from a, that idiot that still wears dipers at 25 and wants to off him self if we take his SSI check from him. Well ok they would know that dif they would count the idiot as the well behaved 5 year old.
  7. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

"5-year olds who "can't sit still" in a kindergarten classroom."

Operating as designed.

Tom
  8. lawdawg

lawdawg Member

As did mine. But sittin' was was much more difficult when he finished than it was before.
  9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I may be one in a million, but my son has NEVER had a problem with paying attention, showing respect, or minding his own business.

This is simply another attempt at the government 'telling' us what's best for our children. The problem lies in the fact that we can't parent in a logical manner anymore. We're confined by rules made up to make us slaves. Rules to indoctrinate the next generation.

It cracks me up every time this type of arguement comes up. One side claims discipline is child abuse. The other says, mind yer own business. Both sides can claim some responsibility. The government is required to step in when child abuse is in question. That's a good thing. But they've yet to figure out just what constitutes abuse.

Spare the rod and spoil the child? My kid never needed the rod.

One thing I'll never forget, is my dad coming home after a tough day at work. My younger brother had homework doing with telling what time it was. You know, clock with hour/minute hands on it printed on paper. Dad picked up lil bro and put him on his lap. When he couldn't answer correctly, dad got mad. He took out the belt. It didn't matter the whippin, my brother simply didn't understand. This went on for about half an hour. I finally left the room.

In some cases the rod is required. In many cases it's over used.

My tax dollars at work?

Quit sheltering the illegals. Don't tell me what my children can/cannot eat. Get out of our lives.:mad:

You've been elected by the people. You swore an oath to protect and uphold the Constitution..

What the HELL are you thinking!?:mad::mad::mad: