Your thoughts on 9mm AR-15's.

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

22boomer
    (3/14/02 6:10:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Your thoughts on 9mm AR-15's.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm just wondering about the 9mm uppers for sale these days. I own a few AR's and am not sure what the value would be over the .223/5.56mm. I prefer a pistol, or a pump shot gun for home defense. I shoot the AR's for target practice but I don't think I would use one ever for home defense (in .223) unless it was the only choice. Are most of this new 9mm AR business just "The New Play Toy" thing? I might understand having one if I where in Law Enforcement but being a non-LE person I would, at least, prefer a 9mm hi-cap pistol. Again, I want you to understand that I don't work in Law Enforcement or Security.
    I know that the 9mm AR's have been around for years but there seems to be some kind of booming popularity in them recently.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/14/02 6:51:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Your thoughts on 9mm AR-15's.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Interesting idea, with many uppers.....come many flavors in one rifle, 9mm, 10mm, .45acp, 7.62x39 and many more on one receiver. Pretty slick, as you run dry of ammo......change uppers/change ammo, start shooting again. Not to many repeaters out there can make that claim. LTS
    T.F.F.

22boomer
    (3/14/02 7:34:28 pm)
    Yes, The AR's are a unique rifle. Do you think the flavor of the month is 9mm? I'm have no problem with the variety, I'm just wondering if there is real value in it. I can definitely understand wanting to shoot cheaper ammo -- this would be a plus for me. Do you think this is the reason for the blooming popularity of the 9mm AR?

Edited by: 22boomer at: 3/14/02 7:36:34 pm

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/14/02 7:43:13 pm)
    Popular, because of change out uppers. In any flavor, fine by me....more fps from a longer barrel and fun too. Mags will be up there. 32 round 9mm mag. (Factory) $100.00
    T.F.F.