Yugo 59/66 from AIM

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/22/02 10:16:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Yugo 59/66 from AIM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AIM is currently advertising the Yugo 59/66 SKS in excellent condition with excellent bores at $169.95, with free shipping.

Has anybody seen this recent batch? I passed on the first batch of Yugo SKSs that came ashore because the bores were like sewer pipes and the stocks were carved up. Is this batch truely better?

I am contemplating this purchase even though I am not an SKS fan - my Chinese and Romanian SKSs need a new companion.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

1952Sniper
    (8/22/02 11:02:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Yugo 59/66 from AIM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Their claim is that "all conditions have perfect bores, guaranteed!!" I'd hold them to that. I haven't seen them though.
    Es ist nicht leicht ein Gott zu sein...

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/23/02 4:37:36 pm)
    I actually ordered one of their VG grade, $129.95 Yugos a while back. What I received was virtually a new rifle - all numbers matching, 100% blue, EXC stock. Bore was indeed perfect.

Others have had the same results, from what I hear.

RobC in Missouri

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/23/02 7:32:17 pm)
    Hey Rob! Good to hear from you. I will be setting up at the Machinist Hall again the first weekend in September - and then I will probably be doing Stratford Inn the next month, Back to the Machinist Hall again I believe in November - basically doing Pete Cutteli's shows, about one per month.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/27/02 8:23:36 pm)
    Got in 5 of the Yugo 59/66 rifles from AIM - they are as advertised, perfect bores, excellent to like new condition. They appear to be unfired, and have just been in storage - just a few minor (and I do mean minor!) handling dings.

The stocks are "rough" looking like they never were finished down all the way - not dinged or abused, just not a fine finish. Two of the rifles have the holes around the outer edge of the grenade launcher, the other three are the solid type.

More cosmo cleaning! Between the five Russian M44s I got yesterday and these five, I will be swimming in cosmoline for awhile.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/28/02 4:53:31 pm)
    Do your hands turn all wrinkly and pruney, B STL?
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

ClydeBurrie
    (9/2/02 6:13:13 pm)
    Ok all... fill in this newbie on "cosmoline"...
    Think I'll order my first purchase this week Yugo 59/66 from AIM
    What do you all think about the Swiss 1931 Carbine
    Schmidt Rubin K-31 7.5 Swiss Caliber they have?

I gotta quit reading all these post LOL
    THANKS,
    Clyde
    www.beardbuster.com

Edited by: ClydeBurrie at: 9/2/02 7:15:06 pm

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/2/02 6:22:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Yugo 59/66 from AIM
    Ah cosmoline - that glorious stuff that old battle rifles were stored in so as to preserve them (keep them from rusting).

Messy, messy, messy!

Clyde - the K-31's are a very nice rifle. Ammo isn't the easiest at times (or cheapest) to get but from all I've been told they are one very accurate rifle (I've got to get the ammo for mine to go try it out).

Yep, you'd best quit reading these threads - you'll go blind!