Yugo M24/47 8mm Mauser value?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by back_woods_4life, Sep 28, 2012.

1. back_woods_4life

back_woods_4life New Member

looking for the current value on my 8mm. its a Yugoslavian M24/47. numbers matching with the original sling. the barrel and trigger guard have some patches of the original bluing missing. the wood looks great. still shoots like a dream! but i dont know much about them or what the current value for mine would be.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  2. back_woods_4life

Nevermind. I found a M24/47 thread on the next page that i over looked. It helped me out a lot . The wood on mine is in better shape than most ive seen so far. And mine has an original leather sling. but ive got a ball park figure of the value now.......... Its a smooth shooter and i deer hunt with it! so i wont be selling this one anyway. If anyone comes across one of these for sell, BUY IT! ....its a very good shooting gun and comfortable to carry! Ive been told they are the shortest 8mm made, with a 24 inch barrel, but im not sure. I know the Turkish Mausers are 2 inches longer. Plus the gun weighs enough to absorb the recoil, so it doesnt kick!
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I didn't measure, but I think the barrel is the same length as the K.98k, and certainly not as short as the German cavalry carbines, so what you heard is not correct. Still, the M24/47 is a nice rifle. The main drawback of the FN M24 and the Yugo-made M48 is that the intermediate length action won't accept some standard M98 accessories, like one-piece scope mounts, and some bolt and action parts won't interchange with the standard length rifles. Recently, a poster was having a real problem trying to locate a firing pin for a 24/47; I think he finally located one but they are hard to find.

Jim
  4. back_woods_4life

well i recently thought i was having a firing pin problem as well. it started snapping on me rather than shooting. turns out the bolt had not been disassembled and cleaned in years. and thats all it needed!...but the first gunsmith i called claimed he could make a pin fairly cheap and easy, but mine turned out to be in great shape. i havent seen too many accessories for these rifles on the market, but the same gunsmith said he could drill and tap a scope mount for under $50... i think im gonna hold on to this one. cheap to work on, fun to shoot!