1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Yugo M24/47

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by toad133, Feb 24, 2012.

1. toad133

toad133 New Member

I am interested in getting a Yugo M24/47. I saw one at a gun show recently that when I pulled the bolt back, it became really loose (sloppy)as if it'd fall out (it didn't). My point of reference is the action of the bolt on a Mosin-Nagant 1891/30. The bolt operates "snug" and stays that way. My question is, should the M24/47 bolt have that same "snugness" throughout it's operation? Or is the Mauser bolt loose when fully open? Also, where should I go to get a Yugo M24/47?
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

They are generally all loose like that. The MN has a full length guide that goes to the full rear. Mauser actions like the Yugo have no support when fully opened but lock nice and tight when closed. Heck I got some new remingtons that are loose when full open.
  3. ignats

ignats Member

They were originally military rifles that would be subjected to harsh conditions. Mud, dirt etc would jam up a tighter bolt - receiver set up.