Yugo M48 Magazine Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Cazdog
    (4/29/02 2:35:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All M-48 falling apart
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello All,

I must begin by saying I really enjoy my M-48. I would like it more if I could get through 70 rounds without the follower and magazine spring and magazine floor plate falling out of it.

What happens is the small pin that holds the spring and magazine release button onto the receiver moves to the left under recoil and the magazine falls out, as well as the release button and spring. Any suggestions on how I can fix this without permanently gluing it in place?

Thanks,

Tim

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/29/02 10:05:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: M-48 falling apart
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stake one end.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (4/30/02 10:01:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    AD is correct. Flare out one or both ends of the pin to keep it from working it's way out.

When you put it back together are you moving the mag floor plate all the way forward so that the release button drops down and puts pressure on the pin?

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Cazdog
    (5/1/02 5:49:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: M-48 falling apart
    FL hunter,

I am not sure if I understand what you are saying, but it appears to be ok as I can shoot about 50 rounds before I have trouble. I then dissasemble the trigger guard and the pin is pushed over to the left hand side. That is, after the plunger and spring are picked up from the ground and the floor plate falls into my hand.

When I reassemble the pin fits right in the notched area on the plunger.

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (5/2/02 1:56:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    When you go to install the magazine floor plate and have it pushed down and in position, the next step is to push it forward towards the tip of the barrel. When it is pushed forward, the release button will drop down and fall into the hole in the magazine floor plate. When this happens, the release button will be stopped by the pin there by keeping pressure on the pin from the resulting spring pressure. Which should stop the pin from vibrating out.

With it falling apart after only 50 rounds, it sounds like there is nothing touching the pin.

Oh BTW, Welcome aboard!!!!

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Edited by: Flhunter at: 5/2/02 2:58:35 pm