Yugo M48?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by G320, Aug 11, 2012.

1. G320

G320 New Member

Hello again,

Going through the collection and stumbled onto a Yugo M48. Forgot I had it and after some TLC and removed the scope and rings the previous owner foolishly added too this piece. Wondering if anyone has any info on it and what they are worth. Any tips to get the bolt to slide a little easier? Will post pics in about 5 mics

Thanks again!

tony
  2. G320

G320 New Member

Pics Yugo M48

Attached Files:

3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

They are very common guns, and not especially valuable or of collector interest. At best, they are worth only $200 or so. But the previous owner ruined that rifle by messing up in an attempt yo drill holes for scope mounts. The holes are out of line and incomplete; they appear to have been done with a hand held drill. The result is that the gun can't feasibly be restored to its original condition, yet I suspect it will be very difficult to either weld up the holes or to drill the holes properly. (Yes, I know a good worker with a MIG/TIG welder can fill the holes, but they will still be obvious. Also, check the cost of doing that vs the value of the rifle.)

It should be OK as a shooter, but that is about all.

JIm
  4. G320

G320 New Member

Thanks Jim! Yes I completely agree with you on the previous owners poor excuse for a gunsmith. I had intended tO clean it, restOre it and find the missing peices to it. I really would like to make it shoot-able again. Barrel needs a gOod cleaning and quite a bit of oil but I'm hoping with some more elbow grease and oil it'll work just fine. Any idea on possible ammo for it?