Yugo SKS Tool Kit

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

mustang7513
    (2/11/03 9:44:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Yugo SKS Tool Kit
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

Got me a butt stock took kit for my Yugo SKS. Said fits all SKS's, but guess what... not mine.

Are there more than one type kit? It fits part way in and then the wider top doesn't fit. It is a rubber butt stock plate and I can force it in, but then you wouldn't be able to get it out without taking the plate off.

I could just cut the hole a bit bigger, but hate to do that if I have the wrong kit.

Any one know about this? Here are a couple of pics if it helps.

Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/12/03 6:51:30 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Yugo SKS Tool Kit
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Take the rubber butt plate off and see if the tool kit will then fit easily in the hole. If it does, then go ahead and carefully ream out your rubber butt plate to allow passage of the kit.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/12/03 8:47:07 am)
    That doesn't look like a standard SKS cleaning kit to me. Rather than alter the gun (which is irreversible), I would just replace the cleaning kit with an original. They can be had for around $5. Really, all you have to do is buy the cleaning kit tube, and put your current tools in the new tube.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

CENTRAL TEXAS
    (2/13/03 7:56:08 pm)
    I HAVE NEVER SEEN A CLEAN KIT TUBE LIKE THAT! THE LID FOR MOST CLEAN KIT DOUBLES AS A BLANK ADAPTOR. I.E. IT FITS OVER THE MUZZLE, THUS FORCING GAS THRU A SMALLER PORT, THIS WILL MAKE THE WEAPON CYCLE ANOTHER BLANK. STANDARD BLANK ADAPTORS WILL NOT FIT OVER THE GRENADE LAUNCHER ON THE YUGO SKS! I WOULD SEE IF THE LID TO YOUR KIT WILL FIT OVER THE LAUNCHER. THIS STILL DOS'T HELP GET IT IN THE BUTT STOCK, BUT IT IS KINDA INTERRESTING????

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/14/03 8:27:39 am)
    FWIW, the original cleaning tube cap also serves as a cleaning rod guide, to prevent muzzle damage. This of course does not apply to the Yugo SKS because of the grenade launcher.

Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!