1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/8/02 8:46:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Yugo SKS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Local sporting goods has 3 Yugo SKS's. They have a big flash hider on the end and very strange sights on the front. There is the regular post sight but I do not see what good it would do you because it is hid by another one right behind it.

They have the folding blade bayonet and are used and covered with cosmo appear to be in good shape.

Salesman said they come from Century Arms.

$199.99 is the price.

Opinions welcome
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/8/02 8:48:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Yugo SKS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is the 49/66, with the wierd grenade launcher setup. Not a bad store retail price.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/8/02 9:03:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Yugo SKS
    Still waiting on my C&R. Check has not been cashed yet. I do not even remember when I sent it. It has been a couple months. I guess I better call them.

I was just on Century's website but they do not give the prices in the regular consumer part of the site.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/8/02 9:15:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    You can buy them singly with a C&R for around $149.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Tac401
    Administrator
    (3/8/02 10:52:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    WP,

That devise is a grenade launcher not a flash hider
    and the other sites you mention are grenade launcher
    sites.

Weren't these the rifles that was of topic in one of
    our other forums where someone said that they
    were primarally used for launching grenades and
    hardly if at all ever were used for standard rifle
    fire? If so then I believe that the same person
    said that although these rifles appear in good
    exterior shape, the bores are supposed to be pretty
    crappy due to the corrosive grenade launching ammo
    that was used to fire the grenade rounds.

Whoever it was please speaketh up if corrections
    to my memory are in need!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/9/02 1:39:41 am)
    Thats a fact on the ammo, also stress`s the rifle components. LTS

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/9/02 2:31:13 pm)
    Thanks

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/9/02 4:46:59 pm)
    Yup - I have looked down the bores of about a dozen of them now - only been two or three you could see the rifling, and those were pretty dark. The Yugos weren't chrome lined, and the blank ammo pretty much laid siege to the bores.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

bondai
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/10/02 3:16:31 pm)
    Just sold two last week that I got from centerfire systems. I returned the crap that SOG sent me. The two I got were really nice with good bores. I talked to one of my customers and he told me that the rifle shoots very well and he is very happy with the accuracy.

The rifles I received from Centerfire were way better than the one's I got from SOG, plus it took over a month to get a refund from SOG. Everytime I called they had an excuse. I don't know if I'll order from them again.
    In the end, when you face the sort of crisis that requires a defensive firearm, the question isn’t so much, “Did you have the ideal gun?” The question is more, “Did you have a gun at all?”