1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Yugoslavian 59/66

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Terry G, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Terry G

Terry G Member

I have a couple of Yugoslavian 59/66's that an aquaintence wishes to buy for himself and his son for Deer hunting and target shooting. He's got a couple thousand rounds of Wolf ammunition that his brother gave him and he really want's the SKS's. Now I have no intention of sticking it to him, but I want to get a fair price. Both are in VG to EXcellent. The market seems to have a pretty large fluctuation. I would really appreciate some help. Thank You.
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Terry,
    CURRENTLY, here in Eastern PA and the gunshows that I attend - v.good 59/66s are selling between $300 and $350, usually with accessory packs. Balkan war beaters were at that level about two years ago and the vg and ex units were selling close to $400. I bought my unissued, in the box piece with the NVN teak wood stock and 20lbs of axle grease for $149 w/ kit back in 2001 when the market was flooded. Since then - they have rocketed.
  3. Terry G

Terry G Member

Thanks, Jim. I'll probably let him have both for $575.00. Seems fair.
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Terry,
    Sounds reasonable to me - as long as both parties are happy the deal is a good 'un.
    You're welcome and thanks for thanking.