Yugoslavian SKS

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by dge479, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Very nice lookin SKS.
  2. waynescyclegarage

waynescyclegarage New Member

Thanks guys, I have put a lot of sweat and thought into this rifle. FF i just used a stainable cheap ass wood filler and then painted it with black enamel and let the oil finish cover it before buffing with super fine steel wool.
    Can't wait to see your Yugo Mauser. Odd ,..lately my favorite guns come from a country that made one of the worst cars ever:)
    wayne
  3. waynescyclegarage

Hey Fast Forward! I was checking out your very nice rifle again. I wouldn't mind having a recoil pad like yours, they don't kick too bad but after a few rounds my old shoulder gets a workout. In other words where did you get it?
    thanks
    wayne
  4. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

The recoil Pad is available thru that Large National Chain and is usually reserved for my Mosin Nagant ,,I need to extend the Stock about 2" on the SKS,,,So far I,m impressed with the Build Quality, Simplicity and Ruggedness of Yugo Product I don,t expect any less from the M48
  5. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Before my son left for basic we went to the range with my 16" Rock River AR Tactical and my stock Yugo M59/66....and while he shot the heck out of both he actually had more fun with the SKS! From the bench with stock sights even with the "gate latch" for a trigger he was getting consistent 4-5 inch 10 shot groups with cheap Wolf ammo at 100, with an occasional 3 incher in the bunch, while with the Dominator rear on the Rock River with the SWEET match two stage trigger with Federal 5.56 XM193s we were getting about the same accuracy!

Now since i added a scope, and with good Black Hills ammo, I now get 1 1/2" from the Rock River, and I don't think I will ever get there with the Yugo no matter what, you can't sneeze at the "practical" and "Fun" accuracy you can get from the Yugo with even the cheapest x39 ammo you can buy...

Funny, I have not had a SINGLE malfunction yet with my RR after maybe 2k rounds, factory and reloads, but then again, I haven't had a SINGLE malfunction either with the SKS after the same number of rounds, cheap, corroded, steel cased, whatever....

I paid $899 for my Rock River, and $99 for my M59/66...now I LOVE my Rock, have killed a bunch of P-dogs with it, but I'm not sure I love it $800 MORE than the Yugo. LOL:p:D:D:D
  6. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Well the Redfield shot Way HI and I,d have to use a couple Shims to bring it down,,but the Optics are clearly superior to the Bushnell but that was expected,,,I love shooting the SKS but the trigger could stand a going over,,the creep seems to go on forever,,any body got any Ideas ? as always the SKS gets a ton of attention and nobody turns down an invitation to Give it a try
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  7. waynescyclegarage

Hi Polish Shooter, While I may not be impressed with your shooting I am impressed with your relationship with your son!!!. Kiddin' sort of. I have a 12 and 14 year old that are just starting to get some interest in shooting sports. They have already done the dirt bike thing and now want to be marksmen other than their video games. Like Black Ops, Medal of Honor, Battlefield three, Modern Warfare etc.
    We do have fun safely.
    wayne