The Firearms Forum banner

Zastava 7.62x25 m57 Should I purchase one?

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Hurryin' Hoosier 
#1 ·
I have always wanted a T33 Russian 7.62x25 pistol.All I see now are out of my budget.I just want a good shooter (not that interested in collector aspect). I found a gunshop selling a Zastava 7.62x25 mdl57. I don't know much about the different surplus pistols in this caliber.I don't want to waste money on a piece of junk.Are these a copy of the T33? Are they any good and why are they only $189? Any comments or recommendations of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Joe

#2 ·
That pistol shoots VERY well! You won't be disappointed, especially at $189. I find them at $289 and they are STILL worth it. The two pistols are similar, but the Zastava actually has a longer grip and holds an extra round along with a few other small differences: the mags are not compatible, M57 also has manual safety where the TT33 doesn't.

#3 ·
Thanks NP. Is Zastava the manufacturer? And the desc. didn't say much I don't even know what country they're from.Another thing that concerns me as you said you see them at $289 and consider that a good price why would these be $100 cheaper.Maybe they have a dark bore or something.Only the seller can answer that.I'll see if theres any way to contact them and if possible ask them about a better desc. of their cond.Thanks for advising me that they are good shooters. thats what I want.Sorry for rambling on. Thanks for your time. Joe

#4 ·
Yes, Zastava is the Mfr. (neat article here) http://www.zastava-arms.rs/en/imagetext/foundation
Check these out,
http://www.gunauction.com/shop/auctions/yugo/m57/tokarev/7/62x25/vg/c&r/ok/sale/$189/99
They are in great condition and just over $200, so the price range is still pretty close. Definitely contact the seller and have him send some pics, or just pay a few bucks extra and get one with multiple pictures from a trusted seller. Do you have a link to the one you are looking at?

#6 ·
That link worked :) I'd buy it, esp for that price (just my opinion) and there is a 7 day money back guarantee on used items. So if you buy it and don't like it, give him a call and see what he can do for you. I doubt you'll be disappointed in the pistol though. He is also selling spare mags for $35 each (You can get them cheaper elsewhere). If you decide to buy it, let us know how you like it.

#7 ·
Thanks alot NP. I'll probably call them when they open on monday.Funny thing,when I looked closer at the pictures of the zastava, I realized it is IDENTICAL to my Norinco 213.Thanks again for your advice and knowledge. Joe

#10 ·
Thanks George.Good to hear you approve of the Zastava guns too.Both of ya'll say it's a good price so thats good enough for me.I have noticed that the 7.62x25 ammo I used to see for pretty cheap is typically no longer the case now though.Thanks again ya'll. Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.