Zastava Arms EZ40

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Songman, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Songman

Songman Member

I recently picked up this EAA Zastava EZ40. I got it at what I feel is a great price but I had never heard of it. Found some decent reviews online. It's got some nice features - 4.25" barrel, ambidextrous, double dot rear sight, picatinny rail, about 2.4 pounds loaded. Does anyone here have any firsthand experience with this little gun?

[​IMG]
  2. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Heard of Zastava, but never seen one or handled one, only pictures. The only real way to see if it's good, or not, is to pump a few down range.
  3. Songman

Songman Member

Yeah, I still haven't had a chance to do that. Looking forward to it though!
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

They are a sig design knock off. They seem to work well. i had one in for a stuck firing pin but I think it was owner error. Some how he captured it when he was putting the retaining pin back in.
  5. Songman

Songman Member

Thanks Helix. I only have two complaints so far.. The first is that the black coating seems to come off easily... And the second is that it has crazy shaped grips so I can get any upgrades!
  6. Songman

Songman Member

I guess for $250, with two mags, I got a good deal then. Just gotta get time to go out and try it out!
  7. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Zastava is a well respected arms manufacturer. Been in business forever. They usually can be depended on to turn out quality weapons. They are located in what used to be Yugoslavia. Built the Yugo M70 AK's and the 59/66 SKS's . Also the M57 Tokarev pistol. Pretty hard to beat, IMHO.:)
  8. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Looks sharp and at that price you can't go wrong.
  9. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Welcome to the world of Sig. Sigs are some of the few manufacturers that rely on the grips for retention of internal workings. Thats why many after market grips don't work well with out some fine tuning or just luck.
  10. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

With not having a chance at the range with this pistol. It does look impressive in the 9mm.
  11. Songman

Songman Member

Why would you choose the 9 over the 40? Is it ammo cost or some other criteria?
  12. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

Songman: I think that you really have something here. The price seems fair and the pistol looks great. I will be looking for your post on the results after the range with it.
  13. Songman

Songman Member

Rhuga, I'm heading back to GA in a couple of days and this time around me and Sam (Shooter45) are gonna get to go shooting! We'll let you know what we think!