1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

zastava m57/ tokarev 7.62x25

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by oscarmayer, Apr 23, 2009.

1. waynescyclegarage

waynescyclegarage New Member

I passed on the cheaper stuff and ordered some Wolf Gold JHP from JG. This is the first JHP I have seen and should make a potent weapon even more so.
    I was comparing some specs from some ammo ( don't remember what) and was suprised.
    The 7.62x25 had some nice stats, such as:
    185gr 45 auto 935 fps muz energy 355
    357 mag 158gr 1235 fps muz energy 535
    7.62x25 85gr 1722 fps muz energy 560 !!!
    The only one more potent was the 44 mag Duuh
    It was Wolf gold, I found the add
    pretty impressive
    wayne
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. waynescyclegarage

Shot some Wolf Gold JHP 85gr. Don't have the specs on this stuff but i can tell it is hot!!
    It had noticably more recoil then the other good ammo I was using. I put my muzzle brake on and it actually seemed to help, it was easier on my wrist. The wrap around Marchal grips helped also. By the way my first three shots could be covered with a quarter at about 15yds sitting down resting on my knee. This is a fine gun.
    wayne
  3. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Thanks for the post, Wayne. I'll try some in mine.
  4. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Haven,t shot mine for a couple weeks ,,I need to push the rear sight over a Little,,Also I,m left eye Dominant so I.m working on shooting left Handed
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  5. waynescyclegarage

Hi FF and Frosty and others. I just noticed that my cases from the Wolf Gold and my Privi Partisan are the same? no real suprise but the both are stamped PPU 7.62 even though one is a JHP and the other is a FMJ. One comes in a PPU box and the other Wolf Gold. Who cares , the Wolf Gold JHP is a hotter load by my seat of pants guessing.
    I pushed my rear sight over a while ago and it is dead center POI. The sight is noticeably to the right and over hangs a little but is dead on.
    I installed my muzzle brake different and it works great. Looking from the front, suicide position I screwed it on counter clockwise and it fit better and worked?!? But when I install it clockwise it binds and gets crooked!! It ends up in the same place but makes a major difference. I think this had something to do with the problems I had with the 9mm barrel I got. I will experiment and get back.
    have fun, I have more tales about this Tok I will share when I get more time.
    wayne
  6. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Strange,,I notice that sometimes after cleaning my Yugo that it won,t cycle it locks up ,,when I take it apart and re-assemble if works fine ,,this is with the 9MM barrel installed haven,t shot 7.62 thru it for a while I,ll have to watch which way I put it back together after I clean it,,,,My sites seem dead on,,I had the club instructor work with me ,,,changed my grip and got me to slow down a little,,sure wish I could lighten up that trigger pull a little
  7. waynescyclegarage

Hi FF, I have some info another member PM'd me about how to do some trigger work. I have it written down somewhere and I will find it and get it to you soon. Mine is not real bad but could use some work, I just haven't gotten around to it. I am going to try my 9mm barrel again soon after reassembling it the way I did last time. It is strange but worked and made a complete change for the better for sure when I installed the comp, barrel bushing from a different direction. This is the one I bought and reamed out for the 9mm and I am now using it with my 7.62 and it works perfectly and my gun is as accurate as I am capable of and cycles with no problems whatsoever. I will experiment and between the two of us and maybe others we can come up with some good stuff.
    Been to the Vintage bike races today and have had a few beers so I will get back later.
    wayne
  8. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

The only Two Handguns I Have (Both Euro) have stiff trigger pulls,, all my Consumer Guns have Close Pulls 3-4#,,I,m guessing the Euro,s are at least Double,,,
  9. Mad Mike

Mad Mike New Member

Several years ago in Panama City, Florida, a few friends of mine
    shot a CZ52 through a so-called bulletproof vest. It punched through it like a soda can. Those little pistols can be quite useful. Another post said something to the effect of, "They weren't very effective in battle." Perhaps that was true. However, in urban conflict settings, it is now highly effective. Gangbanger taking cover behind a dumpster, spraying 9mm rounds? No problem, my friend. Shoot right through it...and him. Or perhaps it's a nutball with body armor and an AK, spouting something about his connection to God and your demise? Pull out your $100, ugly, little CZ and clip his liver. Still not sold on the piece because of corrosive ammo on the market? Well, it can be corrosive to internal organs too, folks.
  10. warriflefan

warriflefan Member

11. warriflefan

warriflefan Member

I think the CZ 52 is one of the prettiest military handguns since the 1911!
  12. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

I also Love My Oinker

Attached Files:

13. waynescyclegarage

I would luv to have one but haven't seen any around, I have a CZ82 and it is nice but my M57 is still my favorite and the only thing I have in that calibre.
    wayne
  14. waynescyclegarage

Hi, JG has some ammo, Surefire clean military ammo with shiny brass mfg in the 80's I think. 800 rnds $138 and some smaller quantities also. I like the sound of this as the older stuff that had been around was pretty nasty and unreliable. If I get any I will pass along results but I may not be able to right now.
    My M57 sure looks wicked with the Marchal grips and the suppressor installed, I'll post some pics soon,.. lots prettier than some old "oinker" that happens to shoot the same ammo. (wish I had one).
    happy holidays, happy shooting
    wayne
  15. waynescyclegarage

Here are a couple pics

Attached Files: