zastava m57/ tokarev 7.62x25

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by oscarmayer, Apr 23, 2009.

1. waynescyclegarage

waynescyclegarage New Member

Welcome CommmonMan, Most of us when we first get a new toy are excited and want to talk about it but after a while, and after working out all the bugs we tend to move on and the thread gets stale.
    I have never seen a M57 without the captured spring in my limited experience with them but some of the others here are dealers and have many more guns to look at. I do not know the answer to your question but give it a little time and some of the more knowledgeable members should chime in.If I come uop with more info I will get back, in the meantime enjoy the powerful pistol and let us know how well it works with the bastard spring!!
    wayne
  2. waynescyclegarage

Re: zastava m57/ tokarev 7.62x25 AMMO Available?

I just got a notice from SG Ammo that they now have in 7.62x25 ammo that I had back ordered a year ago. I don't remember what it was but I will check it out and get back.
    wayne
  3. CommoMan

CommoMan New Member

Wayne,

Thank you for the welcome and the information!

If I find out anything about my situation elsewhere I'll let you know.
  4. waynescyclegarage

I just saw an ad for a new production M57. I guess it is too good to discontinue. It looks Identical to ours but it was in 9mm I think.
    Haven't shot mine in a while so I may do that this afternoon as it is about 60 degrees F here in Alabama.
    hi everyone!
    wayne
  5. Finnish genius

Finnish genius New Member

I have 2 cz 52's one i have fired some the other hasn't been shot. What can

be done about the trigger pull. I need to start doing trigger finger fitness. Is there a thread on how to do it. Thanks Ken
  6. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

I can,t find any body local who can do anything to smooth out the triggers on my Euros,,,thank God I own a CZ a Colt and a Smith and Wesson,,
  7. TimTheGrim

TimTheGrim New Member

8. stevbullock

stevbullock New Member

I also am interested in lightening the trigger pull. What was your magic? I was easily able to adjust the main spring in the rear of the grip, but may need to take the trigger mechanism apart. I am hoping to avoid that, therefore the question "What was your magic?" Thank you!
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  9. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Update,,,bought a used Shotgun from a smith in Duluth who works on Commie Bloc triggers,,,I gave my M57 and my SKS a couple week ago,,got them back and while the trigger travel is still there the triggers break much cleaner,,,I Gave him my M88 and should have that back in a week or so
  10. commiecollector

commiecollector New Member

been looking for a Yugo m57 my gun dealer said he could get an "a" 90% grade pistol for $235 I thought cool lets do this. When I went to inspect the gun and do the paperwork I was shocked at the poor condition it was in for an "a" grade pistol the top of the slide was so deeply scratched you could barely make out the Yugo crest and much more ware everywhere else! I complained and their supplier is sending a new one hope it is better! Anyone else have a similar situation and what does "a" "b" grade really mean? Shouldn't guns be graded to nra grading standards?
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  11. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

It,s been a few years but I bought mine from Classic arms and with the eception of an Amatuer Scratch it was fine,,My M88A game from Graba gun and it was perfect
  12. Guntoter2

Guntoter2 New Member

I ordered one from Southern Ohio Gun a few months ago and the one I received appears to be new. Not refurb'ed or rebuilt, new. Got a Romanian and a CZ-50 that were in the same condition. YMMV but SOG has always done me well. Good Luck!
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014