zastava m57/ tokarev 7.62x25

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by oscarmayer, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Mine shoots at 9 oclock I think if the trigger was 3-4 Lbs with no creep I,d be right on the Money,,same with that little M88A
  2. waynescyclegarage

waynescyclegarage New Member

Hi FastForward, I forgot to mention that I did some trigger work on mine also. It is better but I did not do all the tricks to it and I have no idea what the pull actually is.
    I have still been thinking about the M88. You got it from Grab a Gun if I remember right.
    Lately I have been busy with my new long toy, a 1943 (year I was hatched) M1 Garand. I have wanted one for many years since this was the gun I handled most in the Navy. That and the 1911 of course.
    I'll try to post a pic of my white dot sights tomorrow.
    Josh, I also have a Nagant, 1928 Tula like new. You need one. This one goes with my 1928 ex dragoon 91/30 Mosin.

wayne
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  3. JoshWithrow

JoshWithrow New Member

I don't remember the serial specifics, but it was a never issued package including cleaning rod, extra mag, and thick leather holster (that I don't use because it's got cosmoline for days) ;) And because I don't see myself actually using the holster I haven't bothered trying to clean it out. I keep it packed away safely just in case I ever need/want it, though.
  4. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Since I put a Rubber slip on grip on my M88 I really enjoy shooing it,,great gun for cheap money,,M1 Garand Huh ,,heres my latest edition to the family,,a National Match

Attached Files:

5. waynescyclegarage

WOW!!!!! Mine don't quite look that good. Looks like a lovely place to shoot also.
    That just barely looks like a M1, is it modified for magaazine or is this a M1A, M14 type or is that what the NM is like. Is it 30 06 or 308?
    Anyway i am impressed and a bit jealous. Swap you a nice M57 for it and throw in a couple boxes of ammo.
    wayne
  6. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

It,s a national match M1A,,in 308,,,The Range is actually a 660 acre Hunt Club with trap and skeet,,Bird hunts etc,,The picture is the 200 yd Range ,,there also another 100 yd and a Pistol range,,it,s open years round they also have a Resturant Rv Hooks ups and a Bed and breakfest couple of Rich guys own it,,,Cmon up bring all your guns
  7. waynescyclegarage

Hi Josh, have you got to pump any more ammo thru your M57? I still have not gotten around to the pics of my white dot sights as you can tell. I am planning to shoot a couple of my guns today including the M57 and an M1 Carbine that is a recent aquisitoon.
    range report later.
    wayne
  8. luger

luger New Member

Re:yugoslav m57/ tokarev 7.62x25

I entered tokarev pistol mag catch recess,in other words,I need to know
    the dimensions needed to install a tok magcatch in another pistol[acz52]
    What came up was all about safeties.
    Can anyone help?
  9. waynescyclegarage

I do not understand what info you are looking for but I also don't recall anything like that being discussed here. Good Luck though.
    wayne
  10. CommoMan

CommoMan New Member

I recently purchased an M57 from Widener's. I find that it does not have the captive recoil spring that people tell me is standard in the Yugoslavian Tokarevs. The recoil spring assembly appears to be like that in the Russian (and all the other Tokarev variants) pistols. Because this is my only (so far!) Tokarev pistol, I can't tell whether the recoil spring and associated parts are the same as the Russian ones, or merely look similar.

Does anybody know whether this is a factory variation? Are the recoil spring assembly parts interchangeable with the others?

Thanks in advance, gentlemen!
  11. waynescyclegarage

Welcome CommmonMan, Most of us when we first get a new toy are excited and want to talk about it but after a while, and after working out all the bugs we tend to move on and the thread gets stale.
    I have never seen a M57 without the captured spring in my limited experience with them but some of the others here are dealers and have many more guns to look at. I do not know the answer to your question but give it a little time and some of the more knowledgeable members should chime in.If I come uop with more info I will get back, in the meantime enjoy the powerful pistol and let us know how well it works with the bastard spring!!
    wayne
  12. waynescyclegarage

Re: zastava m57/ tokarev 7.62x25 AMMO Available?

I just got a notice from SG Ammo that they now have in 7.62x25 ammo that I had back ordered a year ago. I don't remember what it was but I will check it out and get back.
    wayne
  13. CommoMan

CommoMan New Member

Wayne,

Thank you for the welcome and the information!

If I find out anything about my situation elsewhere I'll let you know.
  14. waynescyclegarage

I just saw an ad for a new production M57. I guess it is too good to discontinue. It looks Identical to ours but it was in 9mm I think.
    Haven't shot mine in a while so I may do that this afternoon as it is about 60 degrees F here in Alabama.
    hi everyone!
    wayne
  15. Finnish genius

Finnish genius New Member

I have 2 cz 52's one i have fired some the other hasn't been shot. What can

be done about the trigger pull. I need to start doing trigger finger fitness. Is there a thread on how to do it. Thanks Ken