1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

zastava m57/ tokarev 7.62x25

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by oscarmayer, Apr 23, 2009.

1. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Can I get an A-men to that! These are superb weapons. I see you even shoot the same ammo I do. Nice to take out your pistol and ring steel at 100+ yards!
  2. steve666

steve666 New Member

The February issue of GunTests magazine did a side by side comparison of the Czech M57 and the Romanian TT33 and found that M57 was a much better gun with a much better add-on safety. It also has a magazine safety (won't fire without the magazine) and holds one more round.
  3. Yosemite

Yosemite New Member

Wonder how much the new ones cost shipped from Serbia?
  4. Bumperguns

Bumperguns New Member

How much are you looking for, for the M-57,s and photos if possible.
    Jeff
  5. bubba15301

bubba15301 New Member

chronographed my cz52-85 gr fmj -1570fps -temperture 20 degrees f.
  6. bubba15301

bubba15301 New Member

it is faster than a .357
  7. Old Steve

Old Steve New Member

As far as lethality, the 7.62 x 25 has probably killed more men than any other small arm, this is because a majority of about 6 million Russian soldiers carried the PPSh-41 as their primary weapon through about 3 years of war, and Germans carried it too if they could find one. It considerably outranged the 9mm MP38/40 and far more firepower than the 98K at combat ranges. It also was the incentive for the German 8mm Kurz automatic rifles. If one could generate the data, he might find that tha 22LR rimfire has killed more, having been universally available for more than 120 years, but not in a military sense.
  8. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Perm, I HEAR you...but then again, did we Crufflers (OK, in my case, an EX-cruffler) REALLY get into it to be "collectors" or shooters of foreign exotic guns we would never have owned CHEAPLY?

Yeah, I too have been upset where the import stamp was on on many FINE guns, and is why many of the few I have left were ones stamped DISCREETLY under the barrel and not over the CHAMBER..if they TRULY were "Collector's Items" WOULD we have bought them in the first place considering the price?

I am NOT a "Collector," but a "Shooter." for example I have owned at LEAST 150 various Mosin Nagants in various condition but am now down to only one M38, four M44s, and 4 91/30s... EACH one tells a story, including the $9.95 Century Ufixem special I call my rehab rifle, that I rebuilt from parts when I was recovering from my heart attack and shoots pretty well besides...

Outside of a few REALLY rough transition pre-1930 91/30s, every ONE I still have left is because they SHOOT pretty well...

So in the ling run, give it to me cheap, have it shoot well, and I don't give a rat's behind where they put the stamp....:p

If it was truly COLLECTIBLE, yeah, I could be sitting on a gold mine, BUT I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place.....

And I don't know if you've noticed, but no matter WHAT guns I bought with my CRFFL, I never sold ONE without making a tidy profit...:D

...and I wish I would have bought a helluva lot MORE of the 3/$99 "Dropped in the Rubble no more than Twice" condition 91/30s when I had the chance....:p
  9. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Yeah, I hear you. Just that I REALLY like those M57's. I will except the stamps to get a fine weapon at such a good price. I too have sold milsurp at good profit. Really never had much problem with discreet stamps. Just bitchin' mainly because PW Arms picked the absolutely easiest spot they could find to put their stamp! Pisses me off in an irrational kinda way, I know. They still shoot great! I'd take a dozen more if I could afford them. What can I say?
  10. duck32man

duck32man Member

I just got an M57 and love it. Sights are not the best but who cares it's just fun to shoot. And it seems to like misurp ammo without a hiccup.
  11. waynescyclegarage

waynescyclegarage New Member

Just got my M57 from SOG. It is in new condition but on my first test I could not hit inside of a 20 inch circle at 15 feet!! After another good cleaning and some practice I can now get within a 10 inch circle at 15ft. I think I have some really crappy ammo, the cases are split sometimes on both sides. I don't know the manufacture but the case is marked 22 on top and 84 on the bottom. I am waiting on some SB ordered from JG and I hope that solves the problem.
    I am really impressed with the condition and workmanship that went into this pistol and I expect to get decent accuracy with new ammo. If not this would be the worst gun I have ever owned. After reading some of the posts I feel better about buying this beautiful firearm.
    huff
  12. polishshooter

I slugged mine over the weekend and found my bore is .313:rolleyes: They supposedly vary from .307 to .314 or .316! The tighter ones are supposedly the "tack drivers" some guys have and can shoot handloads well....

Which is probably why my ten yard groups are 4-6".

I was advised to try Privi Partisan ammo in it it I can't find actual Yugo surplus ammo, since that is the same Serbian factory that made all the Yugo surplus too, so it is INTENDED for the M57...

That being said, if that doesn't work, I guess I go on my "quest" like I did until I finally found an M38 carbine that shot worth a crap... sell this one, buy another, slug/shoot it, sell it, buy another, slug/shoot it...until I get one with a bore closer to .308...;)

I slugged mine with a .375 Hornady round ball from my son's .36 Navy...used a section of a broken aluminum cleaning rod and it swaged it down after a few good raps with a hammer from the chamber end, and then pushed it through the bore nicely, with a good impint of the lands and grooves. then I miked it land to land....or is that groove to groove since it's backwards?;)
  13. polishshooter

And oh yeah that 84/22 is Romanian...I have a box too and my box was labeled....
  14. waynescyclegarage

Thanks Polishshooter, I should get my new ammo tomorrow and will update. I may slug it if I can't get any suitable accuracy. This gun appeared to have never been fired or carried. Hand pick from SOG, nice holster two mags. Only problem was the price was $199.95 but they charged me $205.95? Hand pick and shipping came to $239.95. Still not bad for a new gun.
  15. waynescyclegarage

Hi Polishshooter, still shooting the last of the 22/84 ammo. I stood within 3 ft of the target and hit 10" low and 2" left?!. Slugged it and it is .309
    I have never experienced anything like this. I am no expert by any means but this is very unusual. I will wait till I get some more bullets and will report back.
    WTF