zastava m57/ tokarev 7.62x25

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by oscarmayer, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Strange,,I notice that sometimes after cleaning my Yugo that it won,t cycle it locks up ,,when I take it apart and re-assemble if works fine ,,this is with the 9MM barrel installed haven,t shot 7.62 thru it for a while I,ll have to watch which way I put it back together after I clean it,,,,My sites seem dead on,,I had the club instructor work with me ,,,changed my grip and got me to slow down a little,,sure wish I could lighten up that trigger pull a little
  2. waynescyclegarage

waynescyclegarage New Member

Hi FF, I have some info another member PM'd me about how to do some trigger work. I have it written down somewhere and I will find it and get it to you soon. Mine is not real bad but could use some work, I just haven't gotten around to it. I am going to try my 9mm barrel again soon after reassembling it the way I did last time. It is strange but worked and made a complete change for the better for sure when I installed the comp, barrel bushing from a different direction. This is the one I bought and reamed out for the 9mm and I am now using it with my 7.62 and it works perfectly and my gun is as accurate as I am capable of and cycles with no problems whatsoever. I will experiment and between the two of us and maybe others we can come up with some good stuff.
    Been to the Vintage bike races today and have had a few beers so I will get back later.
    wayne
  3. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

The only Two Handguns I Have (Both Euro) have stiff trigger pulls,, all my Consumer Guns have Close Pulls 3-4#,,I,m guessing the Euro,s are at least Double,,,
  4. Mad Mike

Mad Mike New Member

Several years ago in Panama City, Florida, a few friends of mine
    shot a CZ52 through a so-called bulletproof vest. It punched through it like a soda can. Those little pistols can be quite useful. Another post said something to the effect of, "They weren't very effective in battle." Perhaps that was true. However, in urban conflict settings, it is now highly effective. Gangbanger taking cover behind a dumpster, spraying 9mm rounds? No problem, my friend. Shoot right through it...and him. Or perhaps it's a nutball with body armor and an AK, spouting something about his connection to God and your demise? Pull out your $100, ugly, little CZ and clip his liver. Still not sold on the piece because of corrosive ammo on the market? Well, it can be corrosive to internal organs too, folks.
  5. warriflefan

warriflefan Member

6. warriflefan

warriflefan Member

I think the CZ 52 is one of the prettiest military handguns since the 1911!
  7. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

I also Love My Oinker

Attached Files:

8. waynescyclegarage

I would luv to have one but haven't seen any around, I have a CZ82 and it is nice but my M57 is still my favorite and the only thing I have in that calibre.
    wayne
  9. waynescyclegarage

Hi, JG has some ammo, Surefire clean military ammo with shiny brass mfg in the 80's I think. 800 rnds $138 and some smaller quantities also. I like the sound of this as the older stuff that had been around was pretty nasty and unreliable. If I get any I will pass along results but I may not be able to right now.
    My M57 sure looks wicked with the Marchal grips and the suppressor installed, I'll post some pics soon,.. lots prettier than some old "oinker" that happens to shoot the same ammo. (wish I had one).
    happy holidays, happy shooting
    wayne
  10. waynescyclegarage

Here are a couple pics

Attached Files:

11. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Damn, That do look good Wayne! I still love mine, but haven't shot it in awhile. Did the trigger on it also. 5&1/2# down to 3#. I'm happy.
  12. waynescyclegarage

THREE LBS!!!, I need to get away from pretty and get my trigger job done. Winter is coming on so I will have a little inside time,
  13. waynescyclegarage

Happy New Year "YALL"
    I have been playing with a 9mm barrell I bought and now have it working properly. Julie, my playmate and mother of my boys had commented on how much flame my Tok spits out as well as the noise compared to our other toys so I asked her to watch it with 9mm stuff installed. She said no flame! I am shooting with suppressor installed.
    My 7.62 emptys fly about 20' to the right front and the 9mm lands about 2-3 ft beside me. What a difference.
    The 9mm shoots high and left of where my POA is. With The TOK ammo POA is POI.
    Of course I get a lot of FTF as the magazine is not made for 9mm. I am thinking bout getting another 9 round mag and try to modify it for Luger.I think a shim of some sort behind the cases may work.
    I will keep in touch.
    wayne
  14. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Let me know if you find any 9MM mags,, Meanwhile I found another use for 9s beside my Yugo a new Czech C75 B with 16 round mags it is surprizing how similar the Yugo and the Czech are
  15. waynescyclegarage

Looks like Santa was busy at your house! Nice toy, I would like one of those to waste a few 9mm rounds with.
    You will be too spoiled to get out and play with the old junk now, like having to reload every 9 or 10 rounds:D
    enjoy 2012 all
  16. central fl cracker

central fl cracker New Member

I recently bought a zastava m57 and me and my Brother took it out to shoot and could not believe how much more power it has than his Glock. I am embarrassed to say I want to change the grips and can't figure out how to get them off. I am not sure of the weight but I can tell you I wouldn't want to carry it around for very long.
  17. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Drop the mag and look inside the magwell. Each grip has a flat piece of steel that swivels to hold it in place. One of them has a small slot on the end you can put a screw driver or something similiar into. Push it to the middle position and remove. The other one is now visible and has some holes you can put something in and turn to the middle and it will also come off.
  18. central fl cracker

central fl cracker New Member

Thanks Permafrost.
    One more question I would like to change the finish and reblue. How do you get the existing finish off?
  19. mhaugh22

mhaugh22 New Member

@waynescyclegarage

Where did you find the Suppressor for that beauty? I'm looking for one myself, and i can't seem to find anything when i search online other than here.

Thanks
  20. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member