zastava m57/ tokarev 7.62x25

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by oscarmayer, Apr 23, 2009.

1. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Damn Wayne,
    That really dresses it up. Now you got me lookin' for some bucks! Frosty
  2. waynescyclegarage

waynescyclegarage New Member

It does look great but it also feels much better. About the only thing I did not like about my TOK was the grips and then it was not that bad. Buuttt these are so comfortable and to me still retains a nostalgic military look. That is why I went with the star.
    I will get some pice with the compensator soon, it does look "BAD" and with the 7.65 it does seem to lessen the recoil a bit. Could be all in my head!
    wayne
  3. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Damn Wayne Those were certainly worth the wait,,no wonder these guys are backed up for 3 months
  4. waynescyclegarage

The only minor problem I have with the grips is that the spring steel mounts were not designed to hold large grips tightly against the frame, especially at the top. You may notice a little space between the two grip panels at the rear near the top. It is not bad but I can squeeze them tighter and they fit perfectly.
    Again it is hardly noticable and doesent really bother me.
    wayne
  5. waynescyclegarage

Marchal makes the grips after they get the order and then they have to do the finish and let it cure. I chose the oil finish but they offer many choices of wood types and finishes. Also these came from Budapest Hungary via USPS so that takes some extra time also. I have not fired the Tok with the new grips yet but I will this afternoon to see how much better it feels.
    wayne
  6. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Wayne ,,do you think a little Two Way Tape would help
  7. waynescyclegarage

No, the tape would be thicker than the tiny gap (.015 to .002 ). It is not really a problem and most people will not even notice. I thought about a teensy drop of super glue at the upper rear where they come together but again the fit and finish is superb and precise. I am more than pleased.
    I still did not get to shoot yesterday but I will try again this afternoon. After all I only have to step out in the yard and set up a target!!
    wayne
  8. waynescyclegarage

WOW! Just stepped out, stuck up a paper about 12 yards away and fired off two shots.
    Bullseye, one large hole dead center. You could cover them with a dime. I am going to give the new grips credit. They were comfortable but I was afraid to fire a third shot cause I did not want to spoil a perfect ( lucky ) moment :)
    wayne
  9. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

I need a set of those
  10. waynescyclegarage

I am kinda kiddin' about the accuracy but they did feel good and firm in my hand. I will give it another test tomorrow.
    I am still lookin' around for some good ammo for this thing. There is plenty of fmj at normal prices (85gr usually)
    I would like to get some HP as this may be one of my first line defense guns depending on where I am when some suicidal idiot tries a home invasion on me and my wife and two sons which all are handy with firearms and my dogs are very alert:) :)
    wayne
  11. waynescyclegarage

SOG has 7.62x25 800 rounds for about $138. I don't know what or where this stuff comes from but I will try to find out. If it is the Romanian junk I would not want it at any price.
    wayne
  12. waynescyclegarage

JG also has some of the cheap surplus. They say it is Bulgarian and the reviews are mixed. It is corrosive and a fairly hot round as one reviewer said he destroyed a CZ52 so keep that in mind. I don't want any for my M57 but if I had one of the PPS 43?? pistols it might be fun to run thru a few hundred rounds.
    wayne
  13. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

I bought a bunch From JG so far no problem my casing reads 21/53/32/16 which would make this Polish,,I also bought some bulk from another source that reads 343/56 which is also Polish according to my research
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  14. waynescyclegarage

Hmmm.. JG said theirs was Bulgarian?? If you are having no problems then I may break down and get me a batch. I had seen the mags from Dans before and thought about getting a couple and maybe modify one to better feed the 9mm stuff but right now I would not know where to start.
    I would feel better with Polish ammo, I have never heard any bad reports on that stuff.
    wayne
  15. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

see if JG will give you the numbers of the casing reading from 12:00 then clockwise I can more than likely tell you what it is,,FF