Zastava M76 Sniper Rifle

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by PolenarTactical, Apr 14, 2012.

1. PolenarTactical

PolenarTactical New Member

Hello fellow shooters!

Me and a couple of friends made this video of the Zastava M76 sniper rifle.
    We thought you might enjoy it

Here is the video:
    Zastava M76 Sniper Rifle

Tell us what you think!
    We are planing to make more videos like this one. We love the certain aesthetic that rifles have and we are hoping to be able to capture it on video.
    Hope we did a good job

Thanks for any suggestions and comments you might have.
    We would like to know what you think.

Cheers,
    PT
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I think your scope might be a little off..;)

I thought the video was well put together.
  3. PolenarTactical

Heh, If you are talking about the few shots that went under the target, that was pure Hollywood, hitting the sand intentionally for the effect :)

Thanks for the opinion!
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I figured. :)
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Show it hitting the target for a better effect. I was a Scout Sniper in the USMC and NEVER shot into the berm for "effect".
  6. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

My only question is why did the Yugoslavian Governement make the switch from the Original SVD design from the rimmed x54 to the rimless 8mm Mauser round?

The 7.62x54 has been winning international matches and tactical shooting competitions for well over 50 years and is an inherently accurate round, while the 8mm Mauser round has never been known as a target round...and nobody can name any country that actually WON a war armed with a mauser as their MBR unless the OTHER side also used it :cool:;)

Was it just because the Yugoslavians had so many of the M48 Mausers laying around they just wanted uniformity of supply?

I want an SVD someday, ALMOST bought a Romanian one when they were available last for like $499 wholesale but used the money for my AR instead...but when I do buy one it will be in x54....

Sorry if my latent anti-"German Superiority in anything" genome reared it's ugly head again:cool::cool::cool::D;)
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

8 mauser can be an accurate round. The only thing limiting that cartridge is the lack of good .323 diameter bullets to load it with.
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

1.5 MOA. That's horrible it's no wonder Russia's never made it. I have rimfires that shoot better than that.
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

its all in the platform. Yall gotta keep in mind acceptable milspec accuracy is up to 4 MOA for an issue rifle. The SUB MOA groups we all like to shoot would mean hundreds of thousands of dollars on custom weaponry that wont be as tolerant of battlefield conditions.
  10. PolenarTactical

Hello!

We didn't post for a long time, but I have to share with you our new new Zastava M76 sniper video.
    We wanted to do it with a short story, so here it is. The app for android/iphone that is seen in the clip is not available on the market, but it does wonders. For a short while, you can see goggles that are actually for military and we were very glad to test them. You can't hold a 20.000€ military equipment in your hands every day

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQpbXe5ylJs

"We used the Zastava M76 sniper rifle - it's a semi automatic designated marksman rifle made in former Yugoslavia by Zastava Arms.
    Action: gas operated, long stroke piston
    Caliber: 7,92x57mm
    Magnification: 4x
    Range 300m
    Weather: windy, cloudy"

What do you think, do you like it?
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

cool flik!

if you head to Novosibirsk in Russia get a film permit , you can do anything !!! ;)
  12. PolenarTactical

Hehehe, thanks for the info! :)
  13. B27

B27 New Member

Very well done and informative video!

One nit to pic....this is not actually a sniper rifle....it is a designated marksmans' rifle.

The low powered scope alone tells you that this rifle is not meant for serious long distance sniping.

I have a PSL...

[​IMG]

...that I have put a lot of time into trying to make it a rifle fit to shoot. :)
  14. PolenarTactical

Wooow, nice wepons! I like the PSL very much!