Zeiss Conquest - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tom_tom, Feb 1, 2010.

1. tom_tom

tom_tom New Member

Hi guys, what do you think about Zeiss Conquest scopes in general. I am looking at ones that are in $500 - $700 range. What is your personal opinion and experience with these scopes (cons and pros)? Would they be fine for .30-06 in terms of recoil? I assume they would, but I've never used/owned one.. Thanks..
  2. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Off subject, but I own a pair of their binocs, and they are superb. I can imagine that their scopes exibit the same high quality and durability level.
  3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Cabelas has them for $399 so I just sprung for one. I had it shipped to my mother as I am in Texas for the winter and will be moving in a week. Won't be home until late March so can't help much.
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I have a bud with one, Not impressed. I like the Bushnell elite 4200's. Also try fox optics for a price, they are hard to beat.

OH! this is a must, get real good rings and bases. Steel rings and bases from Warne, priced right and will do the job.
  5. Sandman

Sandman Member

My dad has one. It seems to be a pretty good scope. I also have the binoculars, and they are superb. I don't think you would be disappointed.
  6. tom_tom

tom_tom New Member

why not impressed with zeiss?? please give me some details.. this is not for me. my cousin asked me to find out some information.. thanks again..

tomas
  7. Popeye

Popeye New Member

The Zeiss Conquest rifle scope(s) is the bottom of their line. Its quality, or lack of same, is not indicative of the remainder of the Zeiss line of scopes. It is not a "bad" scope. It is a run-of the-mill, middle-of-the-road scope wearing a high quality name.
  8. Tnhunter

Tnhunter New Member

Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with some of the naysayers here. I own three Zeiss Conquest scopes, among the several dozen scopes I presently have. The list includes Leupolds (many), Nikon Monarchs, Bushnell Elite 3200 and 4200, Burris FFII, Weaver, Redfield, and Pentax optics. The Zeiss scopes are fully the equal or superior to any other scope I own and at a price as low as $399 (now) for either a 3-9x40 or 2.5-8x32, I'd purchase another before any other like priced/sized scope. They may be the lower rung of Zeiss optics, but remember this is a company that's been building quality optics for about as long as Leupold and Redfield (two of the most revered U.S. makers) combined. The Zeiss Conquest is a very high quality scope and a great value/$$, IMO.
  9. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

I too have a conquest, and find it to be the brightest scope I have in low light conditions by a fair margin. I purposly took my best scopes out in the dusk, and looked through them at a target at 50yd. The Zeiss was clearly the best of the lot. So I agree whole heartedly with the above post. I wouldn't have believed it, untill I tried it. Now I believe...

Regards, Kirk
  10. tom_tom

tom_tom New Member

i am glad to hear some positive comments!! i think my cousin is looking at 50mm ones so i guess those would be even brighter. thanks again for the input!