Zephyr Woodlander

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ShadowHunt, Nov 19, 2006.

1. ShadowHunt

ShadowHunt New Member

I was searching through my grandparetns house when I came across a Stoeger Zephyr Woodlander. I was wondering about a price value on it. I know for sure that the gun is over 70yrs. old because my grandfathers uncle used it in 1936, and he had already had it for some time. I would like to know if the gun's value will increase with it's age and about how much it would be worth to date. Dr? Anyone who may be familiar?

- ShadowHunt
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome Shadow
    Do you have the gun with you, does it say Woodlander II on it?
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

welcome aboard
  4. zip7

zip7 New Member

I have one of these too - My dad owned it before I was born. I have always thought he acquired it in the 50's or 60's. He called it a Dakin and said it was a spanish import, or was made in spain. I inherited it from him.

I have never considered it to be worth a lot as doubles go, but I really don't know. It's a pretty gun. I would never part with mine, as it was the first twelve gauge I ever fired, and I like side by sides with two triggers. Mine is full/mod 30" barrels. I must have toted it a thousand miles when I was a kid. Dad & I used to hunt squirrels with a dog, and that thing would reach waaayy up there in a tree where our other shotguns couldn't reach.

I can't remember ever having seen another one around.
  5. ShadowHunt

ShadowHunt New Member

Southern, no it doesn't say Woodlander II on it. All I know is that it is a 410 gauge and very old.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  6. ShadowHunt

ShadowHunt New Member

Not the best picture in the world, I know
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Welcome aboard Zip! :)

Crpdeth