Zhurh was this you??

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by hunter29180, Jul 10, 2012.

1. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

2. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Naw, but I wish it was. Alaska is independent minded country, opposite of places like Maryland & California.

We once had a local board member in Anchorage that got Photo Radar Cameras in Anch. He had visions of $$$$ to spend coming his way; it blew up in his face. Everybody started shooting at the cameras, no joke, I'd see a couple guys get out of their trucks with 22's and keep shooting till they killed the thing. Not enough cops to catch everybody and it really caught on. They couldn't keep the cameras functioning and the company that installed them pulled all that remained and left the state and went back to Arizona. The board member became the laughing stock of Alaska and the state legislature passed a law making any future radar/photo cameras for tickets illegal in Alaska. The board member was kicked out of politics for 7-8 years but he came from a long time political family and recycled himself. I have fun always bringing up photo radar around his people, they always try to shout me down saying their guy admitted photo radar was wrong and that has been his mindset for 10 years, ya right.

Americans need to remember. The govt needs everything to keep going smoothly. Whenever the apple cart gets over turned, the people in power are gone pretty quick. It
    only works through voluntary compliance and people stop obeying the laws when they get too goofy, then the govt suffers more than anybody.

Our local Indians don't even pay attention to many of our laws, and they can't lock them all up. The govt ends up kissin their butts to avoid upsetting them and having bigger problems.

I think the same would occur if Big "O" ever got too nutty with his vision of America, but actually I really believe he will be voted out this fall, at least you can feel it here in Alaska. I really like calling Alaska my home too.
  3. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

"I'm sure somebody thought it was a pretty funny joke but we try to convey a lot of important information with these signs,” said Tim Croghan, a regional construction engineer for DOT."

Funny?????I think that is the most important information that DOT can provide. Hurray to the hacker/prankster.
  4. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Duh. What could be more important than Impeach Obama?