Zombie apocalypse, what gun do you grab.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gendoikari87, Jan 22, 2011.

1. gendoikari87

gendoikari87 Former Guest

So assuming we all know it's coming, what's your choice weapon/sidearm for dealing with the zombie apocalypse (FYI, this is purely a what if, I don't actually think there will ever be a zombie apocalypse... or zombies for that matter).

Personally I'd grab an AK variant, or one of those sweet POF ar's. after that, I'd take a MP5 in semi.

Sidearm would be a glock. you need reliability when you don't know when you can get your gun cleaned or fixed.
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    well,im sure with all these critters running around youd want to carry as much ammo with you as possible.i would then carry one of my ruger 10-22s with numerous 30 round mags.the side arm would also be a ruger 22.that would be my single six that has never failed to fire in the 40 years or so i have had it.i think in a small back pack i could easily carry 10,000 rounds of ammo so that when you run out you could hide behind me.it seems all you need is a head shot. old semperfi
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Id have to grab my mini14 and as many 20 or 30 round mags as I could stuff in a backpack.

Sidearm would be my last ditch attempt at survival so it would be my ruger alskan .44 mag. thatta way I could burn holes thru several at once.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  4. gendoikari87

Problem with 22's are that they aren't really reliable in the terminal ballistics. they might be easier to find but they're also going to take multiple headshots to take a zombie out, who doesn't feel pain.
  5. retired grunt

retired grunt New Member

takin my E.B.R and a judge in the big boy/girl size
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  6. gendoikari87

7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oh yea, how is that alaskan? Havent heard anything.....
  8. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

I would say an Ar15 and a pistol grip shot gun and as a side arm am going with my trusty Ruger p89 with a couple of 30 round mags. oh and almost forgot a good machete
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  9. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Zombies and I don't get along very well, I'm kinda scared of them, their for I would use a 12 GA with Slugs for distance, 00 buck in a big crowd, then have some #4 for the close quarter battle

Attached Files:

10. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

[​IMG]

Don't know if anybody here's ever seen Shaun of the Dead?

But I'd grab a baseball bat and my Springfield. Don't have any shotguns.
  11. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

Ok since we are daydreaming here goes. I want to be on a 30 foot tall 100x100 solid concrete block. I want 7 other guys with me. 4 of us will take turns on every side while 4 others keep suppling ammo, drinks (beer) chips, and barrels. Gun of choice M-60's on tripods of course, and some SAW's. We would need to be supplied by helo with ammo, barrels, and beer drops. Oh yea and a few pizza pie's evey few hours.

:D
  12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Since we're talking fiction anyway, I'd want to get ahold of a GE M134 Minigun in 7.62mm and mount it in the bed of my truck which would hopefully be loaded with belted ammo cans. :D
  13. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

A ruggedly robust and utterly reliable, yet classy, mancannon. Its really quite accurate for a hard kickin snubby, capable of 3-4 inches at 25 yds offhand. It does have a fair amount of flip and muzzle blast is on par with a fricken howitzer.
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

the shotgun is a good idea too, might sling the ol 870 over my shoulder for backup
  16. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

id go with a short barrel m4 , remington 870 14"bbl slung in a 3 point and a glock 17
  17. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Stop it. Makes me excited.
  18. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan New Member

Well, according to legend, the only way to kill a zombie is to either sever the head, take out a large portion of brain matter, blow out the heart (virus zombie, only), or burn it (flame thrower, gas&fire trap, napalm); blowing up works, too. Unfortunately, because zombie don't feel pain as a normal person would, repeatedly shooting a pistol or sub .32 rifle in the mid-section, save a virus zombie, won't work. 12GA with 3" 00/000 buck or 1oz deer slug will give you great results. I'm packing a flamethrower and a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500/590 and 3" 00 buck, in a zombie swarm.
  19. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I reckon a 36 grain varmint grenade at 3500 fps. from my mini hitting the rotten melon of a zombie will have it effectively decapitated within 1 or 2 rounds...
  20. garydude

garydude Member

What a marvelous sentence. ^^^

Count me in Cycloneman, I wanna be with you!