The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well that was a pretty crappie thing to do to the kid!
Now he's gonna start spending all his money on fishin' gear and he'll probably start lyin' like a rug!
Lying goes with fishing. Thats lesson 2.
The money for now ( and probably in the future) is most likely coming from grandma!!??

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
7,370 Posts
At least it's not fish pizza!

·
Premium Member
20,325 Posts
My 2-year-old grandson is fishing today with his dad and mom at our club. It is a stocked pond so he may get something. Grandkids are the best. We can spoil them and send them home.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The first time I took my oldest son (5 then/now 38) fishing it was in a good friends stock tank. The tank had been stocked 2 years before he passed away and no one had fished it for two years after his death. I took my rod and reel as well, not knowing how long the lines would be in the water. Needless to say I never got a chance to wet a line. no sooner than we could hook the minnow and cast his line, the cork went under and the fight was on. It was a great day for both of us. He was so nervous on the first catch that he forgot to reel it in, he just turned and laying the rod over his shoulder and ran away from the water dragging a 3.5lb bass with him. I have a picture somewhere of him standing in the back of my 59GMC pickup holding the stringer of 6 bass and two yellow cats that almost reaches the ground. I cooked the biggest bass and a smaller on that evening for supper. For years afterward whenever we would go out to eat, he would make a comment to the waitstaff " I don't see any Bass on the menu....whats up with that!"
Here's a picture of one of the keeper Redfish he caught surf fishing at the Texas Coast last year.

And the first fish (catfish) his son, my oldest Grandson caught a few years ago. Unfortunately that is a catch and release pond. Grandson didn't like that at all!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts