03 rifle

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

mckheean
    (8/7/02 7:14:17 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 03 rifle
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am trying to find a good,shootable 03 rifle for my dad.He took basic training in 1940 with a 03 and that is the only rifle he has ever talked about.Can someone tell me what to look for in buying one?I do not want a collectable one.I would like to have one before his Birthday in November.Does anyone have one for sale or trade. Thanks Benny PS he was at Pearl Harbor the day it was bombed,he has some good tales to talk about.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/7/02 8:35:35 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 03 rifle
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't have any info on an '03 for you, but......it would be nice if you (or he) would post some of his WWII experiences on our Military/History forum.

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/8/02 4:38:33 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 03 rifle
    hmmm... this is gonna bug me.
    read this and recalled an ad I'd regularly seen in some publication, just skimmed the latest G&A and Shotgun News, nothing.
    Maybe it was a Mauser ad I was mis-remembering?

and worse, just skimmed ************* and auctionarms.com, nothing there, either.

Rich

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/8/02 4:03:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 03 Rifle
    Well, you could try Scott Duff ( www.scott-duff.com ). However, his may be priced a bit higher than you want to pay.

How about ordering thru the CMP? I think they still have some left - Maybe not the lower priced ones, but...

Go here:
    www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1903.htm

HTH!

RobC in Missouri

omega252
    (8/10/02 1:02:45 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 03 Rifle
    try www.gunsamerica.com
    Omega