10,000 Stolen Guns

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Old Guns, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Old Guns

Old Guns Well-Known Member

2. Kippy

Kippy Well-Known Member

Oh, my goodness!! I want to go through them and see what is there. I would volunteer to help clear them of ammo, and start making lists of: makes, model, type, caliber and serial number.
    I beat they still have not sorted through all of them yet for background checks and finding out who they actually belong to.

dbcooper likes this.

3. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member Supporting Member

4. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

joe45c and Broot like this.
  5. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member

So hoarding legal guns is Illegal?
    So what is the limit to where "Hoarding" comes in?
    I understand possession of stolen guns. They never said every gun was stolen ( most likely looking at this guy they probably are)
    If a person filed a report, and the S# was reported and entered into the stolen data base, and the law agencies are doing the work they should be doing the owners of stolen fire arms will be contacted.

A friends SKS was stolen years ago. Approximately 10 years went by and all of a sudden he got a call from the City Phx police asking him if he wanted his rifle back.

BlackEagle, joe45c and Nor Cal Mikie like this.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member

If some of these guns were stolen he won't get them back. Any of them.

7. Old Guns

Old Guns Well-Known Member

A case of this size would require one or two full time people to process all the guns and paperwork. That follow up article sure was written with a political point of view.

“He’s not one of these people who is out there to gain guns and get as many guns as he can to go destroy the world. It gives him some form of psychological comfort, which is weird and crazy but it exists in a lot of people,” Speedy said.

A man I know had a gun shop that he closed years ago. While it was open someone broke in and stole a fair number of handguns. Just a year or two ago he got either the last one or the next to last one back. Either they never left the state as maryland records every pistol purchase and runs a background check of the owner and gun, or they stayed in the circle of bad guys and eventually got confiscated. If there was a national data base and every gun was checked I imagine quite a few people would end up losing a gun or two. A gun especially a long gun can change hands many times legally and never get checked for being stolen.