The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've heard good things about Predator generators and Harbor Freight is offering discounts on all models.
Anybody have some experience with these?

Font Automotive exterior Automotive tire Technology Automotive lighting

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
7,669 Posts
Great products! I've had a Predator 7000/8750W (peak) generator for years, and it's never failed me. Right now I have it mounted on a trailer with a compressor so I can tow it around my property and use it to drive t-posts in the ground. The only warning I might give is that, when you have no place to store it out of the weather, all the labels and outlet covers crumble and blow away in a year or so. On a happy note, these items are listed in the manual and presumably can be ordered.

Reactions: HighlandsPatriot

·
GUNZILLA
8,390 Posts
They are great generators, everyone I know that owns one swears by them. As I understand they also have a great return policy. I became a member and in a single purchase I saved the equal amount of membership just by buying magnets . I don't own any predators I bought another brand because I am mechanically challenged and the brand I own has a service center where I live and they can service them there.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
I also have the 7000/8750 Predator, and I am very satisfied. It has a battery start, but always starts so quickly with the pull cord that I never bought a battery for it ! If you get one, consider buying the optional wheel and tow handle kit..

·
Registered
18,744 Posts
I have the predator 2000 and 4000. Both start easy and work as expected. I've hit the 4000 with more load than it wanted and i'll give it this.. it tried to tote the load! Decent generators though. my 2000 is a few years old and has an economy setting if you only need like 1000w it runs super quiet already.. and in economy.. it's hard to hear it running a few feet away. The 2000 is sensitive on oil level. mine initially would not start due to low oil sensor since i had it on an angle. I adjusted angle it was on and made sure oil was full ( was ) and it started fine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you can find one of the little 2 stroke "tailgater" 1000-watt models, grab it. They are highly underrated and the word is HF is discontinuing them.

Reactions: ms6852

·
12,543 Posts
A friend of mine has owned two of them.
Both have had something simple, some electronic something that you and them can't seem to get.

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
I have a Honda 6500 i. It is over 20 yrs old. It is on its 2nd battery. I used to carry it in the bed of my diesel dually when we towed fifth-wheels. I still start it every 3-months & exercise it with a heavy draw for an hour. Now it stays in the garage & acts like an emergency power supply in case the power goes out. I keep a 3/4 amp battery maintainer hooked up when we head south for the winter. I purchased a Ryobi 2200 when we downsized to a small covered trailer. It only ran to keep a 5 cu ft freezer full of fish cold when we headed out for the season. I chose the Ryobi because it was half the price of a small Honda. It lasted less than 2 yrs & couldn't find anyone to fix it so I tossed it. Even when it worked, it was a devil to start. Lesson learned, you get what you pay for. My wife has to sleep with a BIPAP machine so I can't be without power at night. Our new Ford truck has a 400 watt AC power receptacle in the bed that I think will power her breathing machine if all the power fails.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts