The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new rifle for the first time in years: a 10/22 Deluxe. It came with the standard receiver and barrel but is stocked in walnut, nicely checkered (real checkering!) and no front barrel band with a real recoil pad. Very nicely executed, and once I put a scope on it was able to put 10 rounds into 1/2" at 50 yards. The trigger ain't great, but it's a pretty little gun that my wife will be able to shoot if she can get it away from me......

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Congrats on a great little carbine, 410! Far as the 'not-so-good-trigger', either fire it enough to break it in (get the factory burrs worn down) or take it in for a trigger job. I prefer to break them in myself, but I love shooting 10-22s. Couple hundred rounds ought to do it.

Nothing like REAL walnut for a stock. Kinda like having a wife and/or (in my case its AND) girlfriend who doesn't need makeup to look pretty.

·
Premium Member
21,891 Posts
Jim, you better hope the your wife doesn't read this.:) Nothing beats real walnut for a rifle stock. Nothing much beats a 10-22 ether.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a collection of 10/22s that I have suped up to various configurations by adding all kind of stuff but the three Deluxe models I own have had no external mods because the 10/22 Deluxe is so elegant that I felt it needed nothing else. It's one of the best gun designs ever made.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hard to believe that Ruger was going to discontinue the line at one time. For what it is I am quite pleased. Spare me from a plastic stocked gun......

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
My last 10/22 was a Deluxe Sporter. I always preferred the sporter stock over the square-topped carbine stock...the checkering and walnut is just a bonus.
The other 10/22 that I would still like to find is one of the older Mannlicher stocked International models.

Should be a nice rifle for ya. Got pics? Show-n-tell time ya know. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.