The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone out there making thier own Dutch Beaumont cartridges? I would welcome any information concerning that subject. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Bunnyhunter. I've scoured Google and found some info. but need more to feel comfortable with the project. The rifle is in wonderful condition, found at a local gunshow. I wonder how much of this sort of thing is tucked away in the backs of how many closets? Thanks again.
TBusch

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, none that makes any sense. One source stated 50 grains ffg produced approx. 1400 fps but 50 grains of ffg (by bulk) in my Beaumont cases doesn't even begin to fill the case. As I understand from several sources over the years says an air gap in a black powder column is a no-no. Loading enough black powder to fill my beaumont cases and leave any for compression requires 80 grains by bulk. And, if you are using bottle neck cases such as the Beaumont you must fill the case into the neck otherwise how are you going to install a over powder wad and grease cookie? I'm about to simply jump off into my own experimentation using general knowlege of black powder cartridge loading gleaned from several books on the subject. If I still have my fingers to type with, I'll post the results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.