The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
If you are not comfortable loading you own ammo for this rifle, try contacting Bob Shell at http://www.obsoleteammo.com . I have gotten this same ammo from him and he does a FANTASTIC job. The shells are expensive at first just because of the cost of the brass. But he will also reload them if you send them back to him. My last batch of 20 I had him reload was about $40 including shipping both ways.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I wonder if you guys might be able to help me or point me toward someone who could?

I was given a Dutch Beaumont Vitali by my grandfather.. no story or history with it. My brother-in-law who is a gunsmith has looked at it, cleaned, and lubed it says it is safe to fire. I have bought a box of ammo from Buffalo Arms. So I am ready to shoot it except for one thing: the front sight is visibly off-center to the right. I verified it with a bore laser. But I can't tell if it is actually adjustable. One side looks like it is (little notch evident where it could be tapped on the left side - wrong way) but the other side seems solid. Can you tell me if this sight is actually adjustable?
I know this thread is a little old but if your are still wondering, you can tap the sight side to side for adjustment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.