The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got this gun over the weekend at auction and I'm really not sure what this part is, if I leave it out of the gun I'm able to pull the shot shell out but with it in, it gets stuck and I have to use a ram rod to remove the casing. If anyone can give me any information about this gun or part at all that would be awesome I haven't been able to really find anything on it.
20201208_173850.jpg
20201208_173857.jpg
20201208_173846.jpg

·
Super Moderator
39,828 Posts
I don't know squat about shotguns, but that part laying on the right looks like the extractor or ejector to me. Someone might be able to tell you about the shotgun if they had a picture of it, not little snippets of it.

·
Premium Member
9,862 Posts
Yup, it’s the extractor and if you can just pull it out then something is broken. There should be a screw that mates against a flat spot on the rod holding it in the receiver. I don’t think shooting with it removed is a very good idea as you can see the rim of the shot shell wants to seat against that doodad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, it’s the extractor and if you can just pull it out then something is broken. There should be a screw that mates against a flat spot on the rod holding it in the receiver. I don’t think shooting with it removed is a very good idea as you can see the rim of the shot shell wants to seat against that doodad.
It didn't come out too easily, I lightly pried it with a flat head screwdriver and it requires a bit of pressure to push back in. Only reason I tried to pull it out was due to the shells not coming out unless a ram rod was used. Thanks for the info though! It is greatly appreciated, I will go to a gunsmith to see if anything can be done about the stuck shells, I have oiled and cleaned and nothing. Unsure of if the extractor needs to be fixed or if the grime is just that bad.

·
Premium Member
9,862 Posts
It didn't come out too easily, I lightly pried it with a flat head screwdriver and it requires a bit of pressure to push back in.
You shouldn’t be able to remove it at all without removing the retaining screw. You may find the other end is still in the gun and a smith might be able to tig the two pieces back together. If not he can cut the rod off the extractor and weld on a completely new shaft/rod.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So yeah to the Smith I go then when I get a chance, thanks for your help, never had a gun with an extractor before.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It didn't come out too easily, I lightly pried it with a flat head screwdriver and it requires a bit of pressure to push back in. Only reason I tried to pull it out was due to the shells not coming out unless a ram rod was used. Thanks for the info though! It is greatly appreciated, I will go to a gunsmith to see if anything can be done about the stuck shells, I have oiled and cleaned and nothing. Unsure of if the extractor needs to be fixed or if the grime is just that bad.
A gun smith should also be able to tell you if it is a extractor or a ejector.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Forgot to ask for a pic of it flipped over, there should be a recess milled into the shaft for the retainer.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I've searched everywhere for a schematic or even a manual, and come up with nothing for both Breda and Beretta.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So update currently is I dropped it off at my local Smith and he is so backed up said it should be a week or 2 before he can even attempt to fix it but told me not to hold my breathe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts