16 years...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TigerLeo, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

One of the biggest differences is the Alamo and Pearl Harbor didn't have lobbyists from the arms industry filling the pockets of the people in Washington to prolong these affairs. Governments get more intrusive and Senators get wealthier during these long drug out wars that we're not allowed to win. It's been about 67 years since we got involved in Korea, how many billions of our tax dollars have been spent to "stem the flow of global Communism".

BlackEagle likes this.
  2. tedwitt

tedwitt Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The problem is MEDIA.

rawright54 and BlackEagle like this.

3. zant

zant Well-Known Member

We should look with pride at the actions taken by those who went into the gates of hell knowing chances were ,they weren't coming back.True American hero's.........but also we must ask hard questions-16 YEARS in Afghanistan??$$$???$$$??......How does 20-25 metric tons of pure heroin leave the country each year?

BlackEagle likes this.
  4. tedwitt

Good question.

5. PlanoAttorney

PlanoAttorney Well-Known Member

I do not know if this is correct, but I was told that the area is called the golden triangle because the poppy fields glow golden when the sun is coming up. If this is true, it would make sense to me that poppy fields are easy to spot from the air at sunrise. Now, I am just a simple country boy I believe I can end the war in Afghanistan with one Marine Attack Squadron in a week.

Monday, pull all ground troops back, not out, just back to a safe location.
    Tuesday, fuel every F-18 in the squadron, brief the poppy fields as targets.
    Wednesday, load as much napalm as each plane can carry then burn the cash crop.
    Thursday, send in ground troops to locate heroin production facilities and stored poppies used to make the drug, and paint the targets, while the F-18's drop Hellfire Missiles on the production facilities.
    Friday, seize every bank account on American soil that is held by drug lords to pay for Ribeyes and Craft Beer for the troops to celebrate a job well done.

cec2, zant, tedwitt and 2 others like this.
  6. zant

zant Well-Known Member

10yrs ago I was told by my "betters"-Zant-you don't see the big picture(which has always meant grunts are gonna die) and get with the program......FU.

7. tedwitt

?