The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9,482 Posts
Those bullets will work but they are a PITA to load because they're not tapered or rebated on the base and they will be hard to load straight. You will have to load them with the cylinder out of the gun because they won't fit through the loading window unless you modify the window. Also you will have to melt the lube out of them and use a bp friendly lube. Is the frame steel or brass?

· Registered
9,482 Posts
Those look like they will work but you'll have to load them off frame. .457 round balls are hard enough to load with a long loading lever. .457 conicals are going to break something sooner or later and with a short lever you'll have to use an extension on it. Hardness in revolver bullets loaded off frame with a good loading stand won't make any difference. Bullets or balls loaded with the loading lever will have to be very soft lead.

· Registered
9,482 Posts
I don't now what kind of rod you're talking about. If it's cupped on the end that might work ok. I'd get a good loading stand and not one of those cheap ones. Those will bend or break without too many uses. If you're going to use those .457 conicals you're going to be putting a lot of pressure on it. Why not just use .454 round balls?

· Registered
9,482 Posts
You might equal a .45 ACP with your air gun bullets and as much Triple Seven as you can stuff under it out of an 8 inch barrel. I say "might". I really don't see it happening with a 3 inch barrel but you're welcome to experiment and see how close you can get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts