Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

1879 reichs revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by PCoache, Apr 4, 2009.

1. PCoache

PCoache New Member

My father gave me several old pistols. One is the 1879 Reichs revolver. I'd like to find someone who has and can supply some parts and an illistrated parts break down that I can identify the parts I need. I know I'm missing the main spring and what I think is the safety but not exactly sure. Maybe in need of other small parts. I believe the serial numbers all match but I will dig out the pistol to check.
    What other info do I need to return the weapon to opperational condition?
    Any help will be great.
    Thanks

2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

A picture is worth a thousand words.

3. shmoo-brunca

shmoo-brunca New Member

i have the same pistol.... i am missing the safety, and the lever to remove the cylinder... i think that is all i need... but it has been in the holster for who knows how many years....oh yeah... it it doesn't revolve if i pull the trigger... were there single action revolvers?

my grandfather gave it to my mom to hold, and he died before i was born.... it has the year 1881 on it... the holster has dry rot

i just want to get the rust off of it, and make it look nice to stick in a shadow box.... i was told to use #0000 steel wool...and lots of gun oil...

let me know if this is the same revolver you have

Attached Files: