The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these. I know that it is not a "Baby Browning". I am having trouble with the grip safety--the gun jams unless the grip safety is pressed harder than one would normally hold the grip. Part of the problem, it seems, is that the gun is so small that it is hard to grip it tight enough- I have a colt .32 model 1903 of the same design (the grip safety) which works perfectly-probably because the grip is larger and easier to grip. Not sure if there is another cause for the problem with the FN 1905. Grip spring problem? Anyone had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Sounds like you may have some fouling or rust build up behind the grip safety no allowing you to push it in far enough or the sear block that is at the top of the grip safety needs some attention to get it to fit properly. Whats happening then is the slide is partially locking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New to this. Thanks for your suggestion. Field stripped it, soaked the frame with cleaner, oiled it, so will now check this. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts