1907 Savage Semi-auto Pistols.

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (5/18/01 7:55:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 1907 Savage Semi-auto Pistols.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a small world after all -- or however that durn song goes. While at work, I was talking on the phone to a fellow in our Bettendorf Iowa office today. Somhow, the conversation came around to firearms, and I found out he was a fellow Cruffler. Not only is he a Cruffler, but also he has a vast expertise in Savage Model 1907 Semi-Auto pistols. He has a web site dedicated to the Savage semi-autos at:

hometown.aol.com/savage1907/page1.html

As the conversation progressed, I found out he was buddies with Len Antaris, the fellow who wrote "THE" book on Astra Pistols, and is producing a book now on Star pistols. I am trying to make arrangements now to get up to Bettendorf so I can meet Len, and fall at the feet of my master and kiss his shoes.
    Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

Xracer
    (5/20/01 7:49:59 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 1907 Savage Semi-auto Pistols.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'd love to have one of those 1907s in .45acp......not a great pistol, but a historical one.

BTW, Savage was contracted to build M1911A1s during WWII. The never mangaged to build any complete pistols, but did make some replacement slides.