Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ysacres

ysacres Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

shogans
    (2/24/03 9:12:42 am)
    Reply 1911
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok,

Now that I know my 1911 is not in prestine condition (original finish etc and was retooled for wwII) my question becomes what should I do to make it better.

I.E. New barrell or other parts that will make it a superior shooter.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/24/03 1:18:19 pm)
    Re: 1911
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After careful consideration, I think you should send it to me.

Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*
    Progenitor of the Boomatic Plague

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/24/03 1:46:39 pm)
    Re: 1911
    I tend to like them original

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (2/27/03 7:08:13 pm)
    Reply Re: 1911
    I'd recommend fitting a barrel link and bushing. Then a trigger job. This should make the 1911 shoot much better.

How far do you want to go with the pistol ? And will it be used for plinking or target ?

shogans
    (2/27/03 11:05:45 pm)
    Reply How far
    Well that remains to be seen. I just joined a gun club where they have competition target shooting. Now the question will become do I have time (and ammo money) to start target shooting. But in general lets say not serious target but not just shooting cans at the river once a year.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/28/03 9:11:52 am)
    Reply Re: How far
    If your M1911 is an original U.S. Arsenal refinished pistol, and not further bastardized, I'd say keep it as it is. It's still more valuable than just a "shooter".

U.S. Arsenal refurbished M1911s are the Rodney Dangerfield's ("I don't get no respect!") of military .45s. Many of them have become the victims of "customization", and there are fewer around than original 11s or A1s. I wouldn't be surprised it their value starts going up, before long.

You don't need an accurized pistol to shoot tin cans.

Edited by: Xracer at: 2/28/03 9:31:01 am