1911a1 US&S Shoooter Grade Value

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Fleck71, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Fleck71

Fleck71 New Member

I have a US&S that has had the makers marks buffed out? Only has serial#107XXXX on right side, has a P on left top side of gun. P on the left side behind magazine release.RCD on left side of frame behind the trigger, Has no magazine and haven't had it apart yet for inside markings. So is this a lost cause?

Attached Files:

Kweeksdraw likes this.
  2. Grizzley1

Grizzley1 Well-Known Member

It won't have a high value as a collectors piece, but it still has value as a shooter. At least Bubba didn't remove or deface the serial numbers when he removed the other markings.

Kweeksdraw and jwdurf like this.

3. Fleck71

Fleck71 New Member

Lol.. Should I get a original replacement slide or just keep it the way it is? Thanks Grizzley1..

Kweeksdraw likes this.
  4. Old Guns

Old Guns Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The frame has buffed a fair amount as well. This gun has been reduced to shooter status. Leave it as is and enjoy it for what it is.

Kweeksdraw, shootbrownelk and Fleck71 like this.
  5. Grizzley1

Grizzley1 Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd just take it to the range and enjoy shooting it.

6. Fleck71

Fleck71 New Member

Found out my 1911a1 US&S is labeled as a shooters value. A little disappointed, but I'm happy that I can at least enjoy shooting it. I just wanted to get an idea on how much it's worth the way it is now? I might keep it and if I get lucky maybe find a original slide for it in the future that I can afford. Also need a original magazine as well thanks for any info.

Attached Files:

Kweeksdraw likes this.
  7. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Garandaholic Supporting Member

Value is relative. Even in such poor condition, a fully functioning, genuine GI 1911 is going to bring $400+ probably more

Kweeksdraw and Fleck71 like this.
  8. Fleck71

Fleck71 New Member

Very nice collection Old Guns

Kweeksdraw likes this.
  9. Fleck71

Fleck71 New Member

I'm trying to decide if I should Sell my US&S or trade it straight up? I had it evaluated by the experts here, Thank you guys.. and sadly to say it's a shooters grade, not a national treasure! I'm fine with that because it is a solid gun, and I would shoot the hell out of it. For myself it doesn't hold sentimental value or military experience to honor such a prestige weapon. So.... for me would the value be in the sell for cash or the trade for another firearm? IMG_20180814_222200522.jpg IMG_20180814_220726469.jpg

10. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT No Power Options Supporting Member

Its going to be what will it bring at any given time. It appears to have been worked on and parts replaced and that leads one to wonder about the internal workings. That scares some folks...others will simply break it down and check how the work was done.
    Personally I would not rate it as shooters grade until I see what`s been done to the inside.

Fleck71 likes this.
  11. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

I would just keep it if it were mine.

12. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Garandaholic Supporting Member

Depends on what are you looking to get instead of that?
    Your gun there is pretty high up on my desirableness list. Most folks would be happy to say they owned an original GI 1911.

joe45c and Fleck71 like this.
  13. Fleck71

Fleck71 New Member

I understand I would be nervous too if the inside look anything like the outside II would be worried as well Thanks..

14. Fleck71

Fleck71 New Member

I have the option to keep it just not the funds to make it 100
    To be honest CCholderinMain, I didn't know exactly what I had until I started researching information for proof and makers marks! I knew it was old & felt solid in my grip. Wasn't the prettiest but hell I'm not either!! So doing my homework things were getting interesting, the serial numbers hit for US&S model. I remember the fuss everyone was having over this model in particular, and I have 1.. Thought bout time my luck has changed, but looking at all the other ones I knew something wasn't quite right. BUBBA happened!! So with my OCD if it can't be at least 80% original I'm not doing this gun any justice and the prices to restore BUBBAS stupidity would leave me divorced and homeless.. Lol

joe45c likes this.
  15. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

I don't understand what you mean by not making it 100 - 100 what? What possible difference does it make if it is not 80%, the thing has been around for over a 100 years and is still a 1911 and I assume that it still shoots, you have a perfect shooter!

Fleck71 likes this.