The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this guy in the attic of the place I just moved in to.

I did a little bit of google-ing about but can't pinpoint an exact value or the history of this gun.

Was it military or civilian?

I have a bunch of photos.

I'm not a gun person. So thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
The magazine with the aluminum bottom is not of that era, but everything else looks good. Is the magazine number matching also? That is a sure plus.

It looks like there might be some light rust, but DO NOT try to remove it. Just use a penetrant (I like G96 Gun Treatment), spray lightly and rub with a soft cloth. Even the old standby of steel wool and oil could remove some of the original finish along with the rust; better to just oil the rust to keep it from spreading, then ignore it.

Jim

·
Registered
283 Posts
Military WWI luger.
Holster is either WWII vintage or had been dyed black. It also had been modified as evidenced by 2 or 3 rivets visible on the back wall of the holster.
Guns appears to be in nice shape with a small piece of grip missing on the left side by the safety(fairly common).
Better pics are needed to establish the value..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I were to sell it, where would I take it to get fair market value?

And what kind of photos would help the establish a value?

I'm a Guitar guy not a gun guy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you sell the luger?

I have an identical model which is only 149 numbers difference from yours. They were probably made in the same week. I bought mine for $1,300.00, but thats in socal, and it was from a store. A private party would be a bit less.....********* a bit more. You have the same proof marks as my gun, a military accepted pistol

·
Registered
605 Posts
You have a very nice Luger from WW1 & even though the one mag is not correct, you still have a 2500 dollar outfit with the take down , holster & belt.
Kind Regards
Danny

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
Why oh why oh why don't these kind of situations ever happen to me?!:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts