The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have aquirred a decent looking 1917 model DA .45 S&W. The matching serial numbers is on the butt and on the rear of the cylinder that are 177XXX. There is no letter associated with the serial number. It has a hole in the butt for a lanyard ring, it has never been reblued or polished, it shows normal wear and tear from holster usage, it has wood checkered grips,the action is tight, there is absolutely no rust on this gun, the grips are worn and has very slight crack in the base, I do not have the original holster for it, and it has been in one family since new I was told. I am looking to get a fair maket value on this gun before I lay out any money on it for a S&W Letter or holster if I can find one. I do believe this gun has more handling wear than any shooting wear. Any info or help on real dating and value is appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I can find info on it, it is a "Commercial 5 screw" with no (Property of US) markings stamped on it. This is why it does not have the landyard ring. The Commercial is suppose to more rare I thought and worth more than the military ones with that markings. (Maybe I am wrong) More thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.