1917 Eddystone

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

robsguns
    (1/4/02 11:46:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 1917 Eddystone
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an Eddystone on the way, its suppose to be all original, we'll see, but I know the stock isnt, sporterized, and I'm restoring it to its original condition, maybe all the parts wont be marked correctly but I'll get it as close as I can. Question, what am I forgetting? I've got an original stock and handguards and the lower, middle and upper handguard bands-complete,all on the way, is there anything else? I believe the stock has its butt plate and sling swivels complete. Does anyone know if there is anything difficult about installing any of these items? Shouldnt be, right?

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/5/02 12:12:03 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 1917 Eddystone
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It should all be pretty straightforward. I've got a Remington on the way in, myself. There is a crosspin in front of the rear barrel bank, sometimes that gets lost and/or needs to be replaced.

Oh, and welcome by the way - glad to see you made the trip.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Edited by: AntiqueDr at: 1/5/02 12:19:02 am

robsguns
    (1/5/02 12:23:22 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. I almost had to make the trip, I got an invitation, that was quite nice. I just saw a pic of TLynn, if thats really her, I think I'm in the right spot. If not, its still not bad, I havent seen any arguments or bickering, or ego wars here, I gotta get use to the change. I'm getting use to the rooms, its like moving into a new neighborhood, gotta drive around a little and find all the best ways to work.

AntiqueDr
    (1/5/02 12:28:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Thanks
    Yep, you hit it on the head. We do get into some lively discussions from time to time, but we keep a civil hand on the keyboard.

Jump on in, you are certainly welcome.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Bob In St Louis
    (1/5/02 9:07:12 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Thanks
    I am always glad to see another person to talk C&Rs!

Speaking of which - Doc - I might need to talk to ya about that 1917 Springfield.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Xracer
    (1/5/02 10:46:20 am)
    Hi Rob.....and welcome.

Does it have it's original sights?

Here's an interesting site on the '17: shoga.wwa.com/~dvelleux/m1917.html

gun runner john
    (1/5/02 10:58:30 am)
    Welcome to the C&R room, but you have to have an interest in pistols, I'm getting pretty lonely here with all the rifle guys. You guys remember pistols, right?

TallTLynn
    (1/5/02 1:57:18 pm)
    gunrunnerjohn - we still like pistols but I have to admit to being a rifle person first and foremost.

Picture isn't of me - gpostal created it for me - I wish I could look that damn fine!
    TLynn

Moskovskyya
    (1/5/02 2:35:34 pm)
    gun runner don't feel lonely, no mater what happens I will always maintain at least 1 c&r pistol per 100 rifles and maintain an interest in the pistols. As a matter of fact I'm up to 4:100 right now!

robsguns
    (1/5/02 3:55:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Xracer
    Xracer,
    Yes it does. Its not here yet, but from the picture its in good shape. The bore is dark, according to the seller, but strong rifling. A little Butch's Bore Shine and it'll probably clean up pretty nice, that stuff is great. It worked wonders on my 7x57 Brazillian Mauser, I thought it was clean, then put that through it and wow, now its clean. I dont think the parts are all matching, the guy said its all original, but the stock was sporterized so.... you know. I just got the stock in the mail about 2 hours ago. Its Remington marked I believe, and its beautiful, better than I expected. I got it with handguards and a very nice bayonet. I'm still grinning about it. Cant wait to see the gun and evaluate it.

I like pistols too, but not much of a curio fan, I have a hang up about being able to get parts for a gun I'm interested in, if parts arent readily available, I usually wont touch it. I just recently got a Bulgarian Mak, I love it, and liked it so much I ordered another. Parts are not a problem with these. I'd like to get other guns, something in a 7.62x25, but not sure yet. I'm going to go check out the link you posted now, see ya.

Bye the way, my name doesnt show up when I'm logged in, dunno why, my cookies are on,??dont understand that.