1917 Remington

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Guest, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hangfire
    (2/21/02 5:28:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 1917 Remington
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Saw one of these at a gun shop yesterday. Stock was a bit dinged up, but not terrible. It has a blued, not parkerized finish. Don't know that much about them to tell what parts are original. Asking price is $400. It is a consignment so I don't know if they will dicker. There's a gun show the week after next, so I'm wondering if I should check out the selection there, or see what they might actually take for this one. Any suggestions.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/21/02 6:45:07 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 1917 Remington
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's pretty high dollar for a '17, Hangfire. Most of those models were blued at the factory - can't recall ever seeing one parkerized. Most usually go for around $200 - $250 at the shops and gun shows I've attended.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/21/02 6:50:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 1917 Remington
    An all-original 1917 that has not been rearsenaled will go for $350 - $400. Last one I sold at auction went $400 +.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Hangfire
    (2/22/02 5:02:19 pm)
    Thanks for the info. I'll think see if he'll take 350. It looks like its all original and the action sure is smooth.

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/22/02 8:44:35 pm)
    I got one like Doc's and like it a lot. My plans are to keep it original. Groups within an inch and a half at 100 yds and not even raise a sweat. Awful heavy rifle though.
    Depending how dinged you may want to start at the 250 mark. swede
    Wyoming Swede

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/25/02 7:32:59 pm)
    I actually see tons more 03s at shows than 17s any more...and I don't recall seeing any 17s at less than $400 recently.

A decent, but not exceptionally great. one went at an auction I was at recently for $450...
    A tiger never changes his spots.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/25/02 9:56:44 pm)
    Think I'll buy up a bunch of these out here for the $200-$250 price range and truck on out East and flood your market with them. Should make enough profit to finance that Alaska or Africa hunting trip!