Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

1918 Luger

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mjlarkin, Apr 21, 2009.

1. mjlarkin

mjlarkin New Member

* 1918 on the top
    * "Gesichert" under the safety switch
    * 43 X'd out with 90 below it on the trigger slide plate as well as behind the rear site, looks like it was retooled?
    * 9690 on the front of gun below the barrel
    * Excellent condition, no visible rust
    * Has matching, stamped magazine
    * Leather WWII holster as well

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  2. Danny

Danny Member

Please post pics to give us members a lookie see to give an accurate value.
    Danny:)

3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Allright a fellow tennesseean and a knoxviller to boot. Yah, welcome to the crowd, hope you stay.

4. mjlarkin

mjlarkin New Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

mj, This is kind of interesting to me, I have never seen one that the last two have been x'ed out like that. It looks to me like this was a re-work of some sort. Looks like a 1914 commercial pistol frame was rebuilt with a bunch of "newer" parts and the old sn was x'ed out and re stamped with the frame's last two.

Danny, jump in here and correct me if I am wrong.

6. Danny

Danny Member

:( Sorry to tell you Sir, but you have a mismatched Luger. It is a 1918 DMW with a WW2 Mauser toggle assembly. In other words no collector value at all. It is a shooter grade gun and maybe 600 on price. Hope you did not spend any high dollars on it?
    Regards
    Danny

7. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

No it is a target with a custome barrel and trigger. Feel free to visit my profile and look at my album pics of it.

8. mjlarkin

mjlarkin New Member

Thanks guys! The more I read about Lugers, the more I started to think it was a mismatch 'cause of the X out.

Know anyone who'd want to take it off my hands? Where should I go to sell it? (website, gun show, newspaper...)

Thanks!

9. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Yes, you do have a "shooter" Luger. That means great for shooting, but no good for collecting. Incidentally, the magazine is incorrect and has been hand numbered to make a false match to the pistol. Also, I think it may be an aftermarket magazine. The holster is not a Luger holster. It kind of looks like a Radom holster, but it also seems to be an aftermarket. So for shooting purposes this rig has a value of somewhere between $500 and $650.