The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. First time posting here. I've read a few post and done some research before coming here. I know there were around 50 companies that made this type of pistol. I have found a list of names in my research but that doesn't help me. My Ruby isn't marked anywhere except for what is on the plastic grips. There is an F & S at the safety. Not in French. Some forums prefer full image. So I hope I didn't make a error in posting as such. I probably have a snow ball's chance in hell trying to ID the manufacture but thought I'd roll the dice here just in case. I know it is probably not worth more than I paid for it. $200
Ruby.png
Ruby2.png
Ruby3.png
Ruby4.png

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No known manufacture on that one, and a couple of others. Read the 11th paragraph that refers to the grip marking of Circle 9.
Thank you. I figured this would be a difficult one to pin down

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Sometimes, there are markings on the frame near the magazine release. Occasionally the magazines will have a letter code on them. On the subject of markings, on left side of the trigger guard, is that a rust blemish or is there a marking there, like some letters or numbers?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes, there are markings on the frame near the magazine release. Occasionally the magazines will have a letter code on them. On the subject of markings, on left side of the trigger guard, is that a rust blemish or is there a marking there, like some letters or numbers?
It is just a mar. There are no other marks on this Ruby :-(

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Everything indicates a civil production pistol and not a military pistol. During WWI (1914 1918) France and then Italy bought large numbers of these "Ruby type" pistols. But those pistols had checkered wood grips and at least some sort of marking. No proof marks place the production date in the teens or twenties, most likely post WWI. A possible key which might narrow down who made the pistol is the slide seriations. Most of these pistols have curved seriations but your pistol has straight vertical seriations, which is less common.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts