The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to read. Grandma's second husband passed away last year and left her a full gun safe. She's got no use for or desire to keep it, so she gave it to me.
I found the Luger (two actually, but the other isn't rare) and did some homework, but I don't know what it's value is. I don't want it and would rather sell it to someone who does. I've attached some pictures for show.
So, if you have any idea what this might be worth to a collector or such please let me know! There are more but I'll go with a separate post for each of them.

Jamie

EDIT: More internet sleuthing deduced that it's a DWM model, not Waffenfabrik as listed. Sorry. Mods can we change the title?

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Need alot more information including more pics. Do all the serial numbers match? All I can tell from the pics is that it appears to be a 1921 DWM Luger. Bern would imply a Swiss Luger but I see no markings in your pics to indicate this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's a 9mm, DWM model, not Swiss as I previously posted. All the numbers match. It's On the right side of the receiver are three eagles; the middle one has the letters 'WOAA' under it. The outside two I can't make out the lettering under those eagles.
I didn't tear it down for fear of damaging it, since I don't know the procedure.
That help?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
The 1921 does not mean it was manufactured in 1921. It is a number which means that it is government property. These lugers were made in the twenties by the German Weimar government, and usually issued to police organizations. I need to see a photo of the entire left side to see if it has been equipped with a police sear. The magazine shown is a police type magazine, and we need to see the markings on the bottom to be sure. This is not considered a military model, as it was not issued during wartime. The value is less than military Lugers, probably in the vicinity of $1100 depending on whether the internal and external numbers match, and the condition of the bore.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for further clarifying this model Luger! I'll get detailed photos of the left side and bottom of the magazines ASAP.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
It apears this pistol does have a police sear safety. The magazine which looks like a police type is the one with the metal bottom, so let's see what markings are on the bottom of that one. The wood bottomed magazine if from a WWI pistol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts