1934 Beretta

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

mckheean
    (7/16/02 7:38:22 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 1934 Beretta
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just purchased a 1934 Beretta from SOG in 308 cal. every book I have says it should be a 9mm.Does anyone have one of these?

mckheean
    (7/16/02 7:39:39 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del 380 cal
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am sorry about the previous post,it is 380 cal. Benny

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/16/02 7:50:16 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 380 cal
    I am only aware of the 380acp in this pistol. Are the book references saying "9mm Corto" or something like that? I know the Spanish designation for 380acp is 9mm Corto, the German is 9mm Kurz; I would imagine the Italians would have a similar designator after the "9mm"
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/16/02 7:59:28 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 380 cal
    The 1934 model was always .380, aka 9mm Kurz. The one you have is probably marked 9mm Corto, which is apparently Kurz in Rumanian.

obelix2
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/17/02 12:56:03 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Beretta
    Of course, the 1935 model, otherwise identical, is in 7.65.

These are fine pistols in most respects. The only real problem is that there is no slide stop. Empty, the slide is retained by the protruding magazine. This means that, first, you have to force the magazine out, but when you do, the pistol goes back into battery empty. So when you insert the new magazine, you have to rack the slide to chamber a round. Not a real problem, I suppose, if you don't intend going into combat with one.

mckheean
    (7/17/02 8:22:41 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del 1934 Beretta
    Just received the Beretta today it is marked on side with p.beretta-cal.9 scurt-m 1934-brevet.gardone v.t-1941.On the barrel it is marked armamentos wpb fl 380acp italy.I think this is the importer's mark.It looks great.Has anyone shot one of these? Thanks Benny

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/17/02 10:14:43 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 1934 Beretta
    "9 scurt" - I'll have to add that to my list of different names for 380 acp.

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/17/02 2:43:06 pm)
    Probably looks a lot like this one. They're a decent shooting little gun, heavy enough that the .380 has the recoil of a .22.

mckheean
    (7/18/02 12:32:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del 1934 Beretta
    That is just like the one I purchased from SOG with the same markings.The red is gone off the safety but it is in as good of shape,nice shooting pistol.

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (7/18/02 1:40:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 1934 Beretta
    Here's a close-up..

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/18/02 2:14:32 pm)
    Recently traded off one I had - it was 1936 dated, had Turkish proof marks, and was reportedly a Turkish Air Force pistol.