1937 91/30 Mosin Nagant Need More Help

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by GimmeThatGlock, May 1, 2009.

1. GimmeThatGlock

GimmeThatGlock New Member

Ok The Gun Came with a bayonet but its like super stuck on the barrel and it will not come off at all any tips on how to do so? maybe i need to take it to a gunsmith?

2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

The problem with the mosins is that most times the bayos never fit. If they did fit they go right on and come right off. If they did not fit, most people left them off. If they are mounted and wont come off, it was probably hammered on.
    try some penetrating oil to make sure its not rusted on. Let is sit overnight. try to lightly tap the back of the handle with a rubber mallet to see if it will start to move forward.

3. poobear

poobear New Member

Make sure to push in the lock pin also. :)

4. ilovenxstage

ilovenxstage New Member

Mine was the same way when I got it. I squirted some oil all around the edges where the bayonet attaches, let it sit for a while, then literally braced the rifle between my knees, held the locking pin back, and turned that thing with all my strength, and it FINALLY came off. I then smoothed out the mount on the bayonet with a fine file, made sure the were no burrs on either the bayonet or the barrel, and I can now put it on and take it off normally.

5. marcodelat

marcodelat Member

PB Blaster and tap it on the sides with a small rubber, plastic -or (better) brass mallet - also be sure to spray some of this into the "lock button's" pin, the one that goes into the bayonet - there's a spring in there... tap it a bit too.

Now, let it sit overnight, or for a day -tap on it every once in a while.

Now using the mallet, give the right SIDE of the bayonet ( the side that sits above and next to the cleaning rod)a few firm taps / strikes try and get it to turn so that the slot on the bayo mount aligns with the base of the front sight.

Once the "slot" and sight base are aligned go ahead and tap around the bottom of the bayo... with any luck the lock button should pop it out.

Good luck :)

6. GimmeThatGlock

Thank you to all that helped i just finished refinishing my M1891/30 1937 Tula Arsenal Mosin Nagant i Will have pics up soon!

7. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

So long as it's not painted black. :/ I almost cried when I saw a Mosin's stock with black paint. :(

8. GimmeThatGlock

nope its a dark cherry. ill post pics when its done